Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Some British cultural points of interest

Some British cultural points of interest

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some British cultural points of interest

Originally Posted by Dutchie
But now me...

Glenmorangie pure...

Haggis.... (Going to get some sparks off that one)

20+ cheeses + bread (Seems to be a Preston area thing)

Your over cooked green peas...

English breakfast at 4 PM in the afternoon, can you seriously look me in the eye's and state "I can manage that at 4 AM" ? (Weird Dutch humor)

The mega bags with 20+ kinds of little bags of chip varieties in them (Love the salt and sour ones)

Love your cars...

To mention a few more...

Dutchie
I wasn't asking for you ropinion, I was telling you how it is. You aren't British!

Add how dare you day anything against the national treasure that is David Attenborough. Clearly you know nothing about the man.

You can get BBC R4 anywhere through the magic of the internet.

Not all Brits overcook peas

We eat cheese and bread throughout the British Isles not just in Preston.

WTF are 'salt & sour' crisps?

-
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:47 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
I wasn't asking for you ropinion, I was telling you how it is. You aren't British!

Add how dare you day anything against the national treasure that is David Attenborough. Clearly you know nothing about the man.

-
Jesus you're a firecracker in female form aren't you? It's just a personal view on things. And yes, although he might be right on a lot of things, I do consider Sir David rather boring.

Dutchie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:50 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus you're a firecracker in female form aren't you? It's just a personal view on things. And yes, although he might be right on a lot of things, I do consider Sir David rather boring.

Dutchie

Oooooooh, I'd say if you listened to Meow's professional advice you may think of her more as a Fortune Cookie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:52 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eva
Oooooooh, I'd say if you listened to Meow's professional advice you may think of her more as a Fortune Cookie
In my line of work I tend to listen to myself, but thank you....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:01 pm

I wasn't asking for you ropinion, I was telling you how it is. = I'm way beyond the days of school M, and you don't start a discussion with telling the other party "How it is"

You aren't British! = 101% true, never stated to be British either.

Add how dare you day anything against the national treasure that is David Attenborough. Clearly you know nothing about the man. In a true democracy you might not agree with all opinions, but you respect them.

You can get BBC R4 anywhere through the magic of the internet. = Not true, it's a paid for channel here in Holland.

Not all Brits overcook peas = Won't go into that, haven't tasted proper ones in the UK yet.

We eat cheese and bread throughout the British Isles not just in Preston. = I was told it was a Preston after dinner dish "20+ cheeses and English bread". I assume the rather good looking, far to young Lady in question was telling the truth, apparently she wasn't. Don't kill me over it.

WTF are 'salt & sour' crisps? = WTF you tell me, it was written on the damn bag!!!!

-
Dutchie
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Dutchie - you cap it all.
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Weescot, great thread....Can I suggest perhaps an inclusion ref The Royal Family.An area worth comparing and contrasting between Scotland and Dubai.

The Queen. Good Bless her...

Here is Scotland's probably most beloved family and their 'Christmas Message'.
One can immediately identify the similarities in the importance of primogeniture& hegemony

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ktQizgpdh3Q
I suppose if Twinks can't understand it, there is no hope for BM. Priceless nevertheless - esp "Av'e noo had this much ahttenshin since maa smear"...

In my line of work I tend to listen to myself, but thank you....
...ah the modesty of the Dutch. Is that what your forefathers did regarding Manhattan?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by weescot
I suppose if Twinks can't understand it, there is no hope for BM. Priceless nevertheless - esp "Av'e noo had this much ahttenshin since maa smear"...

...ah the modesty of the Dutch. Is that what your forefathers did regarding Manhattan?
Do you really want me to answer that one? Don't think so. And as I'm alone in this Lions den, logic states that I'll withdraw it.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

yes...we're all big pussy's here ....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:13 pm

yes...we're all big pussy's here ....
I was told to act as a British on here. Errrr.... (That's me swollowing my Dutch pride.) Now I'm behaving, so what about you?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was told to act as a British on here. Errrr.... (That's me swollowing my Dutch pride.) Now I'm behaving, so what about you?
that'll be my bottom smacked then....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:17 pm

that'll be my bottom smacked then....
Neah... Not into boys. Hahahaha
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:20 pm

-
I guess, considering the silence, my reply resulted in "Check mate in one move..."
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess, considering the silence, my reply resulted in "Check mate in one move..."
Meow is offline habibi...

Just read a bit more about the Dutch in North America. Manhattan jibe was a bit of a cheap line ...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:31 pm

Meow is offline habibi...

Just read a bit more about the Dutch in North America. Manhattan jibe was a bit of a cheap line ...
Thought she was, heading into Amsterdam myself soon. Japanese food, and a cool beer watching the world walk paste me.

Have a good one...

Dutchie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.