Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So when did you resign?

So when did you resign?

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of
Default So when did you resign?

I've been dreaming again about what will happen when a firm eventually hires me (fingers crossed).

In the UK i wouldn't resign until I have an offer in writing from the new firm. Whats the best for relocating overseas? Do you do the same or wait for the visa? When did you lot resign?

Daz
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So when did you resign?

came over here on holiday (scouting mission)

How anyone would move out here without even visiting is beyond me

Had 3 interviews the result of which was 3 offers by the end of the week..

Flew onwards to singapore for a job..Arrived and then emailed the DXB company accepting the job....Waited for a finalised contract, signed returned, awaited conformation of receipt..

and then emailed my office in Aberdeen to tender my resignation..

simple..

I didnt get a visa until my probation period was up (3 months) which is illegal and i would never consider that nowadays...but hey, i was new and wet behind my big ears
Old Mar 18th 2008, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here. I came for an interview in Dubai, then once the contract was finalised to our mutual satisfaction and signed on the dotted line, I handed in my resignation. Clearly it all depends on your notice period.

I received my visa about two weeks after I arrived, probably because our HR & PRO department is well used to recruiting internationally.

Good luck with the job hunt.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Don't resign until you have an offer signed and returned to a new firm.....
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Don't resign until you have an offer signed and returned to a new firm.....

...and they have confirmed receipt....
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

correct.... Especially if you are sending it from abroad.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Thanks all! Just as I thought.

I've got a call this week for a job that I'd love and if that fails I'm gonna head out for the Microsoft Sharepoint Conference at the Al Bustan Rotana in early April to do some networking and try to line up some work.

Sods law though...been looking in Dubai for a bit now and a headhunter approached me yesterday about a job in the EU with awesome money!

Cheers guys,
Daz