Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Originally Posted by kittycat1
if he complains again give him a good trolling!
Ahhhh! Now I do know that one! - Troll is a verb in Polari!
Troll = To Walk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polari
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

BBC Polari
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The only bit of Polari I ever remember is "Yadder the marconi."- you're being evesdropped on. Not really very useful....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OleJanx
The only bit of Polari I ever remember is "Yadder the marconi."- you're being evesdropped on. Not really very useful....
Janxy, you would be surprised! I have a sign over my desk which says exactly that! - It puts the locals off the scent!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:09 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
It is just a character flaw like my bad grammar.

Also, with you, ‘a debate’ is not a debate my friend it’s a dogfight
A dogfight?

I could be mistaken but what you're doing is sitting on the sidelines of the ring goading the fighters and making out you are better...but when invited in your balls shrink faster than a naked Eskimo's in a cold lake in December and have a hundred excuses not to get involved.

N.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
... sitting on the sidelines of the ring goading the fighters and making out you are better...but when invited in your balls shrink faster than a naked Eskimo's in a cold lake in December and have a hundred excuses not to get involved.

N.
Goading someone by goading about the standard of their goading, I like the irony of this post

....in a thread called So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain. I move to nominate internet forum goading to upsurp model train building.

Last edited by weasel central; Jun 21st 2011 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

A dogfight?

I could be mistaken but what you're doing is sitting on the sidelines of the ring goading the fighters and making out you are better...but when invited in your balls shrink faster than a naked Eskimo's in a cold lake in December and have a hundred excuses not to get involved.

N.

You remind me of my school days - Oh those after school fights

You’re a fkin retard, just calmn down mate why are you taking harmless jibes so seriously
Attached Thumbnails So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain-images.jpg  

Last edited by sherri; Jun 21st 2011 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I can hear it now! The cheerful chant of "FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!"
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:00 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri

You remind me of my school days - Oh those after school fights

You’re a fkin retard, just calmn down mate why are you taking harmless jibes so seriously
Still one man's humour is another mans slight. Not that it matters from behind the safety of a keyboard...it takes a big man to sling virtual mud doesn't it knowing the consequences are zero.

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:04 am

I can hear it now! The cheerful chant of "FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!"
The quality of new members seems to be in decline...perhaps we've been flooded by bored people from the teen forum?

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:14 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

The quality of new members seems to be in decline...perhaps we've been flooded by bored people from the teen forum?

N.
oh dear......
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

N.
So you never heard this when you were at school? Lucky you-I heard it a few times more than I ever wanted to.
Anyway, it was something that ghosted up from the past, however unwelcome its re-appearance was.
J
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:02 am

So you never heard this when you were at school? Lucky you-I heard it a few times more than I ever wanted to.
Anyway, it was something that ghosted up from the past, however unwelcome its re-appearance was.
J
Never what at school? Being called a retard?

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:10 am

J
Never heard what at school? Being called a retard?

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.