Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Old Jun 21st 2011, 1:11 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Originally Posted by sherri
Sorry Millhouse, you’re right the ratio is probably 50:50 .

I’ve got to be careful with a few things here u knw particularly if the subject is a key member of the monastery, just keeping to my oath nothing more.

This particular ‘delete’ was in response to Norm’s another delusive post then checked my calendar and realised it’s a busy week ahead and can’t be arsed with pages of meaningless dogfight.
Delusive?

You're happy to accuse but not happy to say why or allow response because you admit you cannot handle a proper debate. Are you trying to be annoying or is it just a character flaw like your bad grammar?

N.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Delusive?

You're happy to accuse but not happy to say why or allow response because you admit you cannot handle a proper debate. Are you trying to be annoying or is it just a character flaw like your bad grammar?

N.
It is just a character flaw like my bad grammar.

Also, with you, ‘a debate’ is not a debate my friend it’s a dogfight
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

What does "can’t be arsed" mean? Surely it is "can't be asked?"
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
I always took it to mean can't be bothered.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackthehat
come to scotland, we'll teach you a few new things Ya Bas
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Thanks Boomhauer, that's what I meant
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think cant be arsed is a scottish term as I use it a fair bit and I ain't scottish!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
NOTE TO SELF
Is it one of those new American words like 'Acclimate?' - No, because they would say 'Assed'

Just a thought . . .

Did it come from Harry Enfield "I cannot be ARSKED" (Asked prounounced with a South-East accent), which derived into ARSED?"
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

always has been cant be arsed Jack
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I don't think cant be arsed is a scottish term as I use it a fair bit and I ain't scottish!
agree, it's not. I was just trolling the troll?? – This probably doesn’t make sense
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sounds kinda rude though lol
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

always has been cant be arsed Jack
Is it in the OED?
can't be arsed (British taboo!)
if you can't be arsed, you will not make the necessary effort to do something (often + to do sth) I can't be arsed to go to the party. It's too far away.
See also: arse
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

Well I never! - But that was Cambridge, rather than Oxford!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

sounds kinda rude though lol

I can’t delete this, Millhouse would end-up complaining
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if he complains again give him a good trolling!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

if he complains again give him a good trolling!
Trolling Millhouse!!! Nae

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.