Sharks at Sandy Beach

Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:31 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharks at Sandy Beach

..with regard to head being taller than the belly...
Attached Thumbnails Sharks at Sandy Beach-snoppy_real.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumyat
I've heard (or read) that there are about 10 species of sea-snake in the Gulf not least due to the warmer waters here and they are quite regularly washed up on the beaches at Abu Dhabi. If you take a bite off one of those things then you've had it as they are deadly.
Sea snakes have small mouths and a lot of them are rear fanged so they struggle to envenomate people. You really need to antagonize one a great deal to get it to bite you. Most of the time they are just interested in finding food so unless you grab one you should be safe.

I've often had them swim quite close and sometimes let them glide across my palm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Dumyat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roadking
But why would you want to bite one?
Apologies, i meant if you took a bite from one of them i.e. they attacked you.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:33 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumyat
Apologies, i meant if you took a bite from one of them i.e. they attacked you.
If you take a bite from one...of course it's going to attack you!

hehehehe, wonder how long I can keep this going!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone give me directions to Sandy Beach, please?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:29 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
http://www.sandybm.com/about_sandy.htm
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:43 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That way. When you hear a splash, you've gone too far.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Went to Sandy Beach on Friday night - been about 4 times now, nice relaxed place with chalet / BBQ etc.

Good snorkel site at Snoopy Island too.

Got up Friday morning and went out to see if I could see any turtles, which I had before and that is really cool.

However this morning, before breakfast I came across 3 of these little things:-

http://www.oceanwideimages.com/image...reef-shark.jpg

A cuddly 6 foot black tip reef shark....

Scared the crap outta me... even though I know they're not dangerous to see something the same size as you in the water is pretty intense when you don't expect it!
yeah where I learned to dive in Oz, at the great barrier reef we had done 2 days in the pool training, then out to sea and the first dive we did at 5.15am, strasight in and 6 reef sharks swimming around, was brilliant.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I was there at the weekend too - didn't see any sharks but swam into a huge swarm of tiny jellyfish

shame all the coral died, used to be fantastic out there, saw a couple of reef sharks in exactly the circumstances you described, wonderful experience

had a great weekend, still a bit pissed !
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

saw a couple of black tips when I was snorkellig off Pulau Sibu (Malaysia) with the Mrs last year. first a 4ft shark swam in front of us and that was fine. Next a 6 footer crossed our path. I never knew the Mrs could swim so fast!!