Serial Killers

Old May 4th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Serial Killers

Originally Posted by Spugsy
heh, the dirty bastard - makes you wonder though, I mean wouldn't a lot of people do that on the sly?
Dosen't bear thinking about! There are loads o freaks out there like so could be.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Call me weird (I know some of you will) but I have just been reading a book about serial killers, it completely fascinates me the mind of the killer. They all seem to have a similar background though, Mother issues, child abuse, animal abuse etc. Am I the only person who finds the criminal mind fascinating?
Cereal Killing? I think you should look at Count Chocula.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Cereal Killing? I think you should look at Count Chocula.
would you like sugar and milk?
Old May 4th 2009, 11:29 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

so I am not that weird afterall! who is your favourite serial killer then?
I wouldn't say 'favourite', but by far one of the most fascinating and repulsive but 'unputdownable' books I have read is the one about Albert Fish.
Have you read that book?
He was definitely very, very 'off'. But compulsive reading.
Old May 4th 2009, 11:34 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
I wouldn't say 'favourite', but by far one of the most fascinating and repulsive but 'unputdownable' books I have read is the one about Albert Fish.
Have you read that book?
He was definitely very, very 'off'. But compulsive reading.
was he the american one in the 1920's - 40's?
Old May 4th 2009, 11:53 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
was he the american one in the 1920's - 40's?
Yes. The book said he was one of America's first 'serial killers'. Now I am sure there were many before him of course, but he definitely was a serial killer.
He had plenty of other issues too. Inserting needles into himself. He was also into coprophragia, which I had never heard of until that book. Like I said, he is one of the worst, most fascinating cases I personally have read about, but there are lots of others that stick in my mind too.
Old May 4th 2009, 1:11 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
Yes. The book said he was one of America's first 'serial killers'. Now I am sure there were many before him of course, but he definitely was a serial killer.
He had plenty of other issues too. Inserting needles into himself. He was also into coprophragia, which I had never heard of until that book. Like I said, he is one of the worst, most fascinating cases I personally have read about, but there are lots of others that stick in my mind too.
ah, yes, the needle-ass guy, now i remember... bloody scarey x-rays...
Old May 4th 2009, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
mate of mine is from Sunderland and lived in Leeds at the time, was in a taxi and they came to a police checkpoint... taxi driver leaps out and shouts " it's him, he's from SUnderland, he's the ripper"

he wasn't btw
was your mate called Mark by any chance? the Yorkshire Ripper case truly fascinates me, the balls ups that were made by West Yorkshire Police are absolutely amazing. I have read and watched practically everything ever made in relation to Peter Sutcliffe and the killings.
Old May 4th 2009, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
I like watching all that crime programs too, i'm so glad i'm not the only one!

Myra Hindley makes me sick too. I watched a documentary about it a couple of years ago and her friends and the kids she had killed family where on talking and it's hard to comprehend how someone can do the things they did to people they knew as well. She was sitting in the pub with her friends and posters up of the missing kids saying it was terrible etc. I think she was obsessed with Ian Bradley and just did what he wanted and he was just a fruit loop from day one!

I watched the "yorkshire ripper" doc before too and they police had questioned him a few times before but it was the Geordie hoax call that threw them off. He was another fruit loop!

Dennis Nelson, Another fruit loop! His mum is from my home town and she's a lovely lady. Feel so sorry for her. He spoke about my friends dad in his book (nothing bad) but my friends dad said the stuff he said wasn't true that he had just known him because he was in his class and had never played with him outside school.

A bit different but did you ever watch that programm "perfect town, perfet murder"? About the little beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey from Boulder who was murdered at Christmas time. Was it the parents or a intruder?

Sorry got bit carried away!

Mrs H

JonBenet Ramsey, yup I followed this one for years, something very very suspicious about that whole case. I guess we will never find out the truth. Bit like the Madeleine McCann disappearance which co-incidently is 2 years today.
Old May 4th 2009, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by annacarna
An associate of mine is the son of one of the ripper victims. Now a famous motivational speaker, he went through a horrid childhood.
Richard McCann? lovely guy
Old May 4th 2009, 9:16 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Call me weird (I know some of you will) but I have just been reading a book about serial killers, it completely fascinates me the mind of the killer. They all seem to have a similar background though, Mother issues, child abuse, animal abuse etc. Am I the only person who finds the criminal mind fascinating?
It is not uncommon among serial killers to find no history whatsoever of childhood abuse. What you do (almost unfailingly) find is that as children there was a failure to bond or attach. Whether it was the result of abuse/neglect or (for lack of a better word) a congenital condition (where despite the parents attempts the child simply did not bond) this seems to be the one most consistent factor in all of their lives.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The BTK killer is my worst/favorite serial killer. He is quoted as saying that he killed because he was bored. All I know is that he scares the bejeezus out of me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader
Old May 4th 2009, 10:01 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The BTK killer is my worst/favorite serial killer. He is quoted as saying that he killed because he was bored. All I know is that he scares the bejeezus out of me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

This guy is the one who should get the jab...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Black_(murderer)

He looks a teensy bit like your guy L. No glasses of course
Old May 4th 2009, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Just stuck my nose in here, wow, Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind with you lot !
Old May 4th 2009, 10:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Just stuck my nose in here, wow, Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind with you lot !

Bugger off, ain't no Patty's here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.