British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Serial Killers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/serial-killers-606893/)

Blue Cat May 3rd 2009 1:56 pm

Serial Killers

Call me weird (I know some of you will) but I have just been reading a book about serial killers, it completely fascinates me the mind of the killer. They all seem to have a similar background though, Mother issues, child abuse, animal abuse etc. Am I the only person who finds the criminal mind fascinating?

Madam Medusa May 3rd 2009 2:09 pm

Re: Serial Killers

no can't just be you, it's one of the biggest selling genres in the book industry, lol...

MM, xx

Blue Cat May 3rd 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7537559)
no can't just be you, it's one of the biggest selling genres in the book industry, lol...

MM, xx

I meant amongst the members on here. I still have never found the answer to the question - what makes them do it? what makes someone have so little respect for another persons life?

tomarense May 3rd 2009 2:17 pm

Oh dear, and here was me thinking I had found a new site about the Health Fascists who were trying to kill off Corn Flakes, Weetabix etc.

Confucius May 3rd 2009 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537543)
Call me weird (I know some of you will) but I have just been reading a book about serial killers, it completely fascinates me the mind of the killer. They all seem to have a similar background though, Mother issues, child abuse, animal abuse etc. Am I the only person who finds the criminal mind fascinating?

If you're lucky enough to be able to dissect my brain one day and have a look, you will be pleasantly surprised...

HighSpeedGrandma May 3rd 2009 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537543)

No you are definitely not alone. If anyone were to see my collection of books they would probably be worried about me. I am completely fascinated by what makes a person kill, and I have so many true crime books I could probably commit a crime and get away with it as I know where they all went wrong. KIDDING in case anyone takes that seriously.

I even have crime scene investigation books that are used by the FBI or homicide investigators and it is very interesting reading. The pics are rather graphic but that fascinates me too.

Everyone that really knows me knows I am really a nice person, but I am just fascinated with the dark side of human nature.

Blue Cat May 3rd 2009 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma (Post 7537607)
No you are definitely not alone. If anyone were to see my collection of books they would probably be worried about me. I am completely fascinated by what makes a person kill, and I have so many true crime books I could probably commit a crime and get away with it as I know where they all went wrong. KIDDING in case anyone takes that seriously.

I even have crime scene investigation books that are used by the FBI or homicide investigators and it is very interesting reading. The pics are rather graphic but that fascinates me too.

Everyone that really knows me knows I am really a nice person, but I am just fascinated with the dark side of human nature.

so I am not that weird afterall! who is your favourite serial killer then?

seraphnina May 3rd 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537622)

A real one?:unsure:

Slingshot May 3rd 2009 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537570)
I meant amongst the members on here. I still have never found the answer to the question - what makes them do it? what makes someone have so little respect for another persons life?

good question - make sure you post the answer on here when you find it

Eva May 3rd 2009 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537622)

Bizarre..even for you BC

Spugsy May 3rd 2009 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7537570)

most of them are born like that, just make sure you keep an eye on your little one bluecat, if you see her torturing animals you know how she's going to turn out.

:(

Blue Cat May 4th 2009 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7537931)
[/B]

Bizarre..even for you BC

I agree :( Peter Sutcliffe is the one that I find 'interesting'.

Emerald_Eyes May 4th 2009 3:30 am

I always find the ones who kill children the hardest to get my head round. Have you seen Changeling with Angelina Jolie? It's based around the true story of the Wineville chicken coop murders in 1928 and how the corrupt LAPD tried to pretend that a runaway was her missing son who had in fact probably been killed by the wineville chicken murderer, Gordon Northcott. They all thought she was just a crazy emotional woman when she denied that this kid was not her son. The murder side of it is really ghoulish, this guy abused and butchered young boys and buried them in his chicken farm with the help of his mother and his 14 year old nephew who he had abused. You've got to see it if you haven't already.

Blue Cat May 4th 2009 4:21 am

I haven't seen that one, I can't stomach child murderer's. It sounds like a good movie though. I met Myra Hindley, she made my stomach turn :(

lionheart May 4th 2009 4:30 am

Who was that guy in Gloucester whose wife helped him select young girls to be tortured and killed in their basement. Fred somebody? They did something to his house, either demolished it and erected a shrine or boarded it up, can't remember which. They say that many serial killers were abandoned as babies and raised in foster homes. Look out Shadya...:ohmy: