Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

IT / Screen / Techie help please

IT / Screen / Techie help please

Old May 2nd 2013, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: IT / Screen / Techie help please

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
link please
http://www.amazon.com/Generic-USB-ML.../dp/B001NG8H9G
Old May 2nd 2013, 10:44 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

wow! Great great find man!
Go for it. I would buy a couple for myself as well!
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

wow! Great great find man!
Go for it. I would buy a couple for myself as well!
Really?

Reckon it might work?

So far Dell has asked me to download a driver upgrade to floppy disk (no joke) and then fanny around with stuff in DOS mode.

No ****ing way.
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Think you need to double check that will extend (not clone) to more than one monitor.
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Think you need to double check that will extend (not clone) to more than one monitor.
To be honest, it's getting to the point that if it doesn't work we'll just push for new laptops that will be able to do it etc.

I'll start at MacBook pro and work down from there.
Old May 2nd 2013, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Well if it works, it sounds like quite a bargain for $35

Let us know how you get on.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:03 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, no harm in trying since its not too big an investment mate
and the website says it will extend as well as clone the desktop so go for it
macbook? well if they will give it to you then go for it
btw i got myself an HP ultrabook i5 with an ssd a few weeks ago and ill admit ive thought about sleeping with it a few times...well ok I admit it Ive have...there! I feel liberated now!!
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, no harm in trying since its not too big an investment mate
and the website says it will extend as well as clone the desktop so go for it
macbook? well if they will give it to you then go for it
btw i got myself an HP ultrabook i5 with an ssd a few weeks ago and ill admit ive thought about sleeping with it a few times...well ok I admit it Ive have...there! I feel liberated now!!
I've just bought an HP ProBook, although I had it delivered to UK so my wife is looking after it till she comes out here and swaps it for my getting-on-in-years Dell XPS. She says the ProBook is extremely nice, but I hope she's not sleeping with it...
Old Jun 1st 2013, 7:45 am
Hit 16's

Scamp--what happened, did it work?
Old Jun 1st 2013, 7:49 am

She says the ProBook is extremely nice, but I hope she's not sleeping with it...
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Sorry, yes.

Monitor1 connected by VGA to docking station.
Monitor2 connected by DVI

So straightforward, just needed a proper DVI cable instead of adaptor.
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:13 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry, yes.

Monitor1 connected by VGA to docking station.
Monitor2 connected by DVI

So straightforward, just needed a proper DVI cable instead of adaptor.
And that gives expansion (not cloning) across the monitors?
Old Jun 1st 2013, 2:42 pm

yep, that should give expansion as well as cloning
the choice lies with the user
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:50 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day, there was a thread on here...can't remember who started it but it involved a car engine.
Mata and a few others were around including Coxy who was a mechanic
He described the fault and the solution..it was better writing than anything
you might find in the 50 shades of grey.lA few of us ladies-nay,I recall some
of the gents were excited by the replacement of spark plugs too.
Sexy:totally.
I am finding all this talk about two screens terribly erotic.
Takes me back,to Coxy 's thread.
x
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 4:48 am
Account Closed

And that gives expansion (not cloning) across the monitors?
Yep, you're currently on the left screen (main screen). With all words of shite on the other to make me look busy. SMART.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.