Scaremongering?

Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scaremongering?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Surely the Sand Pit is exactly where things can go off-topic, since its labelled as a place of off-topic chit chat. Tangential discussions are interesting, surely?
hell at least its some sign of life in the place
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I'm sure we can get the thread back on track if we try hard enough..(I have been wrong before though)

Personally I believe the GCC is at a very tricky point in time. Disagreeing on foreign policy is one thing and honestly I was never of the impression that they were supposed to be united on that front, but this latest Libyan incident has the potential to become interesting. Quite possibly too interesting!

Also if the US proceed with their rumoured plans for a coalition to defeat the ISIS chaps that just adds to the temperature..
possibly but unlikely.

Everyone will throw their dummies out the respective prams, meet for lunch in london or paris and realize that none of them have the stomach for any actually fighting.

The qataris will realize that Saudi and the UAE aligned its a ****ing nightmare for them and that the Saudis have more soldiers on their border than they have people and that in fact collecting art and flying supercars around the world is far preferable to a war that would destroy them all.

There are issues, most are underlying and have been for a few hundred years but there is such an iron rule and some sense of pragmatism that while things may get heated in the media and some lower down diplomats expelled anyone who is anyone wont be sanctioned or insulted in anyway.

This will ensure a decent show of righteous indignation whilst being very careful to avoid insult to those that matter, keeping national face and pride whilst showing the various locals that the leaders are serious and actions ar e being taken.

it'll be a bit like a pantomime and probably not very convincing.

however that said, it will only take one zealous idiot who took a remark too seriously to go too far and all ****ing hell will break loose in a matter of days.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:08 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
Yet another thread completely derailed. Aren't the mods supposed to do something about this? (question to self).
Do you think Mods sit online all day watching for any 'transgressions'? Or maybe they have real jobs to attend to and there is no Bat Light shining over the sky in Gotham City to call them in to sort out any trouble?

It's only the internet, chill out. If you're so offended don't read the thread, better still switch your PC off and do something more interesting instead
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:21 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Do you think Mods sit online all day watching for any 'transgressions'? Or maybe they have real jobs to attend to and there is no Bat Light shining over the sky in Gotham City to call them in to sort out any trouble?

It's only the internet, chill out. If you're so offended don't read the thread, better still switch your PC off and do something more interesting instead
Today has been a slow day at work, but I still have to look like I am doing something. A bit of faux offence brightened up my afternoon and gave you something to do. I know how bored you get.

I do think abusing posters should be clamped down on though. But I raised it with the abuser rather than reporting it.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Poor. I hate it when threads get all deleted.

It was hardly World War III.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:37 am
**** it we'll do it live

sheesh i go away for 5 minutes and now i've no idea what happened.
was it fun?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
sheesh i go away for 5 minutes and now i've no idea what happened.
was it fun?
Not really, nothing happened.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Its not finished yet. Sue'll be round soon.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

Meh
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Meh
That being said, I'm currently torn between staying on here all night and leaving the office in 8 minutes and going out for dinner with my Dad (arrived last night).

It's a bloody tough call.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:55 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

That being said, I'm currently torn between staying on here all night and leaving the office in 8 minutes and going out for dinner with my Dad (arrived last night).

Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:57 am
**** it we'll do it live

Given current events mate, what the **** are you doing still in the office!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 4:15 am
Account Closed

Given current events mate, what the **** are you doing still in the office!
I often wonder that.

Think we'll go to Bab Al Shams this weekend instead of another brunch. Definitely going to slope off early for the football with him tonight.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 1:39 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
On this subject I think most expats have an exit plan for the medium and long term anyway
Isn't "exit plan" overstating it a bit? More like "most expats know they'll leave at some point in the future".
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Isn't "exit plan" overstating it a bit? More like "most expats know they'll leave at some point in the future".
Yes a plan for when they'll exit. Just how you use/interpret the words. My exit plan is retirement back to UK in April 2016.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.