"The Sandpit" ?

Old Feb 23rd 2021, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Sandpit" ?

Of course not, Welcome to the Caledonian Antisyzygy.
#
Antisyzygy - definition of antisyzygy by The Free Dictionary

Caledonian Antisyzygy - Wikipedia

Not so easy to get rid of us.

Last edited by scot47; Feb 23rd 2021 at 8:33 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Of course not, Welcome to the Caledonian Antisyzygy.
#
Antisyzygy - definition of antisyzygy by The Free Dictionary

Caledonian Antisyzygy - Wikipedia

Not so easy to get rid of us.
Or Cantis for short. Close enough in my book.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Sticks and stones". You see the mistake that Edward Longshanks, "The Hammer of The Scots" made all these years ago whwn he got involved in our internal affairs? Remember one of our national emblems is The Thistle !
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm like a bad smell.
I can smell you all the way from Aus, just like my first villas toilets in Al Barsha. 🤣
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

HiHo
I met many who share your views. They too considered bars to be an essential ingredient of a civilised society You want to see some real sh*tholes, travel around the decaying hub of the Vanished Empire.
"Sticks and stones". You see the mistake that Edward Longshanks, "The Hammer of The Scots" made all these years ago whwn he got involved in our internal affairs? Remember one of our national emblems is The Thistle !
Dearest Scotty,
Now I'm even more confused; One moment you complain about "some real sh*tholes" and the next your happy to continue living in one? Is it not the case that the Scottish assembly is partitioning the Government for a visa system to stop people leaving? My confusion continues to extend to your argument that you are eligible to post here. For the present you are British and living in Britain thus not an expat thus not eligible to be a member of this forum. I accept your point that, in the event that the English are permitted to vote in your next nationalist revolutionary referendum and heartedly slip the yoke from their collective shoulders, you will be an expat. However this argument is again confusing since given the other regional rhetoric you have been spouting would you not wish to become a national of the breakaway state? In which case you would no longer be British and again no longer eligible to post in this forum.
Given the weak argument you present, I have no option but to agree with Mr. Millhouse. I do hope this in no way excludes us from the tender list when you get around to building your wall.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kim67
I can smell you all the way from Aus, just like my first villas toilets in Al Barsha. 🤣
What can I say? I'm unforgettable, like a bad toilet.

Originally Posted by HiHo
Dearest Scotty,
Now I'm even more confused; One moment you complain about "some real sh*tholes" and the next your happy to continue living in one? Is it not the case that the Scottish assembly is partitioning the Government for a visa system to stop people leaving? My confusion continues to extend to your argument that you are eligible to post here. For the present you are British and living in Britain thus not an expat thus not eligible to be a member of this forum. I accept your point that, in the event that the English are permitted to vote in your next nationalist revolutionary referendum and heartedly slip the yoke from their collective shoulders, you will be an expat. However this argument is again confusing since given the other regional rhetoric you have been spouting would you not wish to become a national of the breakaway state? In which case you would no longer be British and again no longer eligible to post in this forum.
Given the weak argument you present, I have no option but to agree with Mr. Millhouse. I do hope this in no way excludes us from the tender list when you get around to building your wall.
It's not worth it. He's a very bitter, sharp tongued and nasty old boy. Harmless, but just not worth the time.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 7:54 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Some said when the Irish republic was formed, that it was doomed. Ireland was historically a poor, wet part of the UK, to the average Brit, the Irish were idiots and drunks. They wouldn't be able to run themselves, they'd end up starving (again), without the monarchy they'd tilt into dictatorship etc.

Now Ireland's GDP per head is 60% or so higher than the UK, and it's generally considered a model democracy. The weather is still shit though. It's actually a kind of model for how successful Britain could be if the english could shed 1000 years of not just accepting, but positively yearning to be sh4t on and dominated by people with posh voices who they regard as inherently superior.

So I don't see any particular reason why Scotland would not be fine on its own, in the long term. The nationalists would need a better campaign next time round though. The last one was bizarre, their pitch was keeping the pound and the Queen, presumably to appease unionists. That's like saying you want to leave the EU, but also adopt the Euro and make Von der Leyen head of state. What idiot came up with that plan?

Old Feb 25th 2021, 9:22 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
What idiot came up with that plan?
I'm sure whoever it was, they were Scottish. Case closed.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

So I don't see any particular reason why Scotland would not be fine on its own, in the long term.
Because Ireland's role as a tax haven for US companies operating in Europe is pretty well cemented... add on that every American longs to be Irish helps that business model even more.

I don't hear many Americans claiming their Scottish ancestry, but happy to be proved wrong. The Scot's do have their shellfish though but I'm not sure it will compete with the Irish in attracting fund managers and tech giants.

That said, you are right about the Brits doing their best to destroy themselves.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Now Ireland's GDP per head is 60% or so higher than the UK, and it's generally considered a model democracy. The weather is still shit though. It's actually a kind of model for how successful Britain could be if the English could shed 1000 years of not just accepting,
Ireland's GDP is not REAL GDP its just Amazon shagging the EU senseless. Ireland's plan to drive economic growth was through very very bad corporate tax law none of the revenue actually ends up in the chancellery but the corporates do have to employ people locally. That is how Ireland got unemployment down to 6%. The EU hate it but the Irish have infiltrated the EU finance commission so they don't have any option but to pursue the matter through the courts. Again when Brexit was being negotiated the EUFC campaigned for financial Jobs to be moved to the EU thinking that would mean Dublin. Did anyone believe a commodities trader was actually physically going to move to Dublin or any other sh*t hole come to that? The banks are just kicking the issue down an endless road to nowhere but exactly where they are. Scotland would be in even worse sh*t because the government shifted publish sector jobs there to address the unemployment. The minuet Scotland gets independence 20% of jobs disappear overnight.

Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't hear many Americans claiming their Scottish ancestry, but happy to be proved wrong.
I can think of one and he's looking for a country to run hahahahah
Old Feb 26th 2021, 4:05 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Ireland's GDP is not REAL GDP its just Amazon shagging the EU senseless. Ireland's plan to drive economic growth was through very very bad corporate tax law none of the revenue actually ends up in the chancellery but the corporates do have to employ people locally. That is how Ireland got unemployment down to 6%. The EU hate it but the Irish have infiltrated the EU finance commission so they don't have any option but to pursue the matter through the courts. Again when Brexit was being negotiated the EUFC campaigned for financial Jobs to be moved to the EU thinking that would mean Dublin. Did anyone believe a commodities trader was actually physically going to move to Dublin or any other sh*t hole come to that? The banks are just kicking the issue down an endless road to nowhere but exactly where they are. Scotland would be in even worse sh*t because the government shifted publish sector jobs there to address the unemployment. The minuet Scotland gets independence 20% of jobs disappear overnight.
Ireland is a knowledge based economy, if your definition of real GDP is restricted to tangible products then you are really going to struggle in the 21st century.

Amazon are based in Luxembourg not Ireland. They don't even have a .ie domain website

Time and again the European courts have ruled the tax rates are perfectly legal, see the last Apple case for example. Lowest tax rates in Europe are in places like Hungary and Cyprus not Ireland. Our headline rates are similar to most European rates - this idea of lower rates is propagated on the basis of trying to move large corporates out of Ireland. All is fair in love and war, so these cases are typical.

Unemployment was at 4% at it's lowest due to construction employment and the housing bubble of cheap credit.

The first thing to be agreed in the Brexit negotiations were the financial agreements, London massively dominates the world financial services market, there was no leverage or bargaining power to change that in any meaningful way.

Old Feb 26th 2021, 5:47 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland is on the right path, this year reducing layers of Government from three to two and agitating to reduce this to one. Less Government bloat is a good thing, and will get my vote every time.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Ireland ..Our headline ....cheap credit.
Haha. Go and join your friend on the fakebrit bench and use the time weasely to do some fact checking. Don't make the mistake of defending the un-defend-able. look
for parent company registration
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:25 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Go and join your friend on the fakebrit bench and use the time weasely to do some fact checking. Don't make the mistake of defending the un-defend-able. look
for parent company registration
100% Irish, not a fake Brit at all. I'll leave you to gatekeeping the forum