Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandance - Noel Gallagher

Terrible gig....zero connection with the crowd and zero atmosphere until he played an Oasis number. Painful all round really and not helped by all the beered up handbags episodes kicking off everywhere.....
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:26 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
AWESOME!

Richard Ashcroft was outstanding, best I've seen him by far. Noel- fantastic apart form all the fights breaking out, I was right down the front and got caught up in 4 fights close by one which resulted ina ciggie being stubbed into my back. Such a shame these guys can't handle their booze.

Other than that it was the bollocks!

Discovered I am too old for Zane Lowe- no idea how to dance to that shite without substances being taken, big fish little fish doesn't cut it these days

I wish I could of been there for that...........Except Zane Lowe that is.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 10:17 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Terrible gig....zero connection with the crowd and zero atmosphere until he played an Oasis number. Painful all round really and not helped by all the beered up handbags episodes kicking off everywhere.....
Shame - sorry to hear that. I thought Ashcroft was brilliant (as Kitty mentioned) - did you see him?

You wanted or expected Noel to connect with the crowd? Hmm - not usual. However, I do agree that the set lacked a real spark.

Zane is a great party set DJ - thought it was good.

Crowd bit nuts, but in some ways not as bad as I've seen at Sandance (not that they are generally bad, far from it - plus I think the security are well trained and on it (in a good way).

Guess any gig is what you take from it (i.e. subjective).

I totally thought Ashcroft was amazing. I was in the photo pit and when he came one stage I started to shake a bit with nerves. Then hitting the notes on "Lucky Man" - gotta say total moment. Didn't get that feeling from Noel.

Still - brilliant gig and really, I thought, one Dubai (if you will) should be proud of.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 7:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Shame - sorry to hear that. I thought Ashcroft was brilliant (as Kitty mentioned) - did you see him?

You wanted or expected Noel to connect with the crowd? Hmm - not usual. However, I do agree that the set lacked a real spark.

Zane is a great party set DJ - thought it was good.

Crowd bit nuts, but in some ways not as bad as I've seen at Sandance (not that they are generally bad, far from it - plus I think the security are well trained and on it (in a good way).

Guess any gig is what you take from it (i.e. subjective).

I totally thought Ashcroft was amazing. I was in the photo pit and when he came one stage I started to shake a bit with nerves. Then hitting the notes on "Lucky Man" - gotta say total moment. Didn't get that feeling from Noel.

Still - brilliant gig and really, I thought, one Dubai (if you will) should be proud of.
Last night was one of the top 3 nights in Dubai for me - was amazing. Ashcroft was great, played all his classics and seemed in good spirits - Noel was brilliant, I just loved it and I thought Zane Lowe was tremendous - had everyone jumping around and going mad.

Aye there was fights down the front, there is every time unfortunately but apart from that utter class. Worth every penny.

Florence and the Machine are up next, that should be great.