Rugby World Cup

Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup

Originally Posted by Scamp
There's been one or two other big tackles, but I can't think of one where a guy has been picked up high, turned so clearly and then just released to land on his head/neck.

Warburton has received a 3wk ban halved from the normal 6wk because of his good disciplinary record, instant apology and remorse. Line drawn I think and a fair way of doing so.
I saw two in one game, pretty sure it was Tonga. And worse than the Warburton tackle.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I saw two in one game, pretty sure it was Tonga. And worse than the Warburton tackle.
Haven't seen them to compare - will go on youtube later and try to see.

Difficulty is comparing tackles in different games, different days, different teams, different players.

If players were given yellows for identical tackles then the issue should be those yellows not being reds rather than Warburton's red being a yellow.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

not really clued up on the rules of rugby (I'm a rugby sheep- cheer when everone else does) but there is something very hot about big burly men wrestling each other to the ground - grrrrrrowl! much better sport than that nancy football stuff!

Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

The dangerous tackle law should not apply when its Quade Cooper or any French players! Bring back rucking and bring back the biff. Then we'll get really excited about it. Go the All Blacks.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:02 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

It was the right decision. Whether malice was intended or not is completely irrelevant. The laws are in place to prevent, or at least substantially reduce, the likelihood of severe injuries, and the tackle was a dangerous one, however understandable in the heat of such a big match.

The players would all have known the guidance given to referees beforehand and whilst it's a terrible shame and robbed us of an excellent final it was the correct call.

For the sake of the watching world, conferring with the TMO would have been better process, but they should definitely have agreed with the decision.

It was only by luck that Vincent Clerc landed the way he did and not a centimetre or two in a different direction which could have broken his neck and damaged his spinal cord and left him paralysed. Some world cup memory that would have been. I've played rugby my whole life and seen it happen.

The Welsh boys still go home with their heads held very high and a huge expectation for 2015 and they'll surely have their initial matches at home too.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

What a game yesterday - just goes to show you can't write off the French. I even found myself cheering for the French towards the end, which as an Englishman is an emotion never before experienced.

The best team of the tournament won, the best team of the final didn't.

Great game though, thoroughly enjoyed it.