Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Romance....a dying art !

Romance....a dying art !

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:01 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Romance....a dying art !

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh I spoke too soon it seems...just got the standard 'I love you more' one back...think it's prorammed into his phone as a template...
cynic!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:05 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
cynic!
I was actually well chuffed to be honest...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:28 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

you see, that's what (i think) banglebollocks is on about... the 'natural' reaction to gestures like that "must be a template" scares the romantic soul off.

(personally, there's a bloody fine and sometimes blurry line between romantic and wet...)
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think you deserve a good spanking for your initial reaction.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
good thing he's not on BE to read about it then...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Thats maybe what she was hoping for.......
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Thats maybe what she was hoping for.......
maybe not...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:52 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

maybe not...
I have obviously misjudged you.....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

I have obviously misjudged you.....
or maybe you just have a bad memory...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I was thinking.....I reckon romancing the one you love is a dying art, many things that were once looked upon with fondness and warmth are now seen as corny and outdated.

Maybe it's a lot to do with sexual equality and men don't know how to act with women anymore, mistakenly thinking that romance is somehow chauvinistic.

Chivalry has gone a similar way for the same reason.

For instance, when was the last time you saw a man give up his seat for a woman on the train or bus, it certainly isn't a regular occurrence and if you did offer it to a young able bodied female, there is a good chance she would take offence and an even bigger chance she'd think it of it as weird.

I have a theory that men don't want it to be this way and women certainly don't, we all yearn for the days when we could write a poem or love letter and not be thought of as sad and pathetic by our peers.

We long for a time when we wouldn't be embarrassed being seen by our mates carrying a bunch of flowers for the one that held the key to our hearts.

Well my fellow BE'ers it's time to stand up for what we want, it's time to put the shyness and embarrassment behind us, it's time to share our feelings with those that we love and who love us.

So stand up for the woman on the train on your way home tonight, do something romantic for the one you love, at the very least tell them you love them. Text them now and see what response you get.

And pass on the most romantic thing you have done so that other BE'ers can follow your lead and grab romance back from those that would see this art die.

So, over to you Casanovas.....and I thank you for listening !

Yours,
Bangleman
Aaahhh yes...Schadenfreude...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:57 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

or maybe you just have a bad memory...
This is getting very close to flirting, and we can't have that....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:00 pm
hmmmm...nice

This is getting very close to flirting, and we can't have that....
and since when do you care what others think...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:02 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

and since when do you care what others think...
I have always cared, just not about others.. You can only please some of the people all the time...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

I have always cared, just not about others.. You can only please some of the people all the time...
tell me about it...I am losing them left right and centre...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:06 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

tell me about it...I am losing them left right and centre...
Your marbles????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.