Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Romance....a dying art !

Romance....a dying art !

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:28 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Romance....a dying art !

I was thinking.....I reckon romancing the one you love is a dying art, many things that were once looked upon with fondness and warmth are now seen as corny and outdated.

Maybe it's a lot to do with sexual equality and men don't know how to act with women anymore, mistakenly thinking that romance is somehow chauvinistic.

Chivalry has gone a similar way for the same reason.

For instance, when was the last time you saw a man give up his seat for a woman on the train or bus, it certainly isn't a regular occurrence and if you did offer it to a young able bodied female, there is a good chance she would take offence and an even bigger chance she'd think it of it as weird.

I have a theory that men don't want it to be this way and women certainly don't, we all yearn for the days when we could write a poem or love letter and not be thought of as sad and pathetic by our peers.

We long for a time when we wouldn't be embarrassed being seen by our mates carrying a bunch of flowers for the one that held the key to our hearts.

Well my fellow BE'ers it's time to stand up for what we want, it's time to put the shyness and embarrassment behind us, it's time to share our feelings with those that we love and who love us.

So stand up for the woman on the train on your way home tonight, do something romantic for the one you love, at the very least tell them you love them. Text them now and see what response you get.

And pass on the most romantic thing you have done so that other BE'ers can follow your lead and grab romance back from those that would see this art die.

So, over to you Casanovas.....and I thank you for listening !

Yours,
Bangleman
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romance....a dying art !

well...did the text thing...no response as yet so I am well pissed off and I am so never going to again, jeez...that will teach me to be romantic...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

trains arent running yet.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
well...did the text thing...no response as yet so I am well pissed off and I am so never going to again, jeez...that will teach me to be romantic...
well it worked for me...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:42 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
maybe he is getting bombarded with texts ?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:42 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well it worked for me...

MM, xx
thanks, but you didnt say when the next quiz was, in your text ?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
thanks, but you didnt say when the next quiz was, in your text ?
oh shit, i must have sent you the wrong text...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:45 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

well it worked for me...

MM, xx
oh I spoke too soon it seems...just got the standard 'I love you more' one back...think it's prorammed into his phone as a template...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:48 am
Hammer for Life

oh shit, i must have sent you the wrong text...

MM, xx
no, it began....My darling Bangelman...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no, it began....My darling Bangelman...
bloody predictive text...never says what you mean...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:51 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

hmmmm text sent and response received "what are you after??"

I'll try it again tomorrow.....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:51 am
Hammer for Life

bloody predictive text...never says what you mean...

MM, xx
you'll get used to the blackberry sooner or later....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:52 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by moto111
hmmmm text sent and response received "what are you after??"

I'll try it again tomorrow.....
he probably thinks you're seeing someone else now....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:57 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

he probably thinks you're seeing someone else now....

that'll keep him on his toes then, infact I might even cook him a meal this evening, that will get him really worried as I very rarely cook
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely idea - I sent my man a box of chocolate heaven cupcakes to his office for his birthday today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.