Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Rolling Stone magazine's Ten Best Singers Of All Time

Wikiposts

Rolling Stone magazine's Ten Best Singers Of All Time

Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolling Stone magazine's Ten Best Singers Of All Time

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
nah, he really does have an amazing voice, whether you like his music is a different matter...

MM, xx
Sorry, this is where our friendship must come to a premature end !

Hes a scum fan FFS !!!!!:curse:
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
well..i wouldnt want to be stuck in a room with you and Karlos and your "music" collections!
i would hate to think what 'musical delights' you had to offer ! :-)
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
i would hate to think what 'musical delights' you had to offer ! :-)
...because you have no taste in music.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have taste you just cannot see further than your nose !

Nothing better than flying (sorry driving its a Honda) to Dubai or Abu Dhabi with Mr Strummer or Mr Morrissey in your ears !
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing better than flying (sorry driving its a Honda) to Dubai or Abu Dhabi with Mr Strummer or Mr Morrissey in your ears !
so Ray Charles,Aretha,Stevie Wonder are all shit?!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:08 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just ask wtf that is in your Avi???. It looks like Nanky Poo.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
Can I just ask wtf that is in your Avi???. It looks like Nanky Poo.

Its Kenny from Phoenix Nights Eva, don't you dare tell me you have never seen it !
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:15 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Its Kenny from Phoenix Nights Eva, don't you dare tell me you have never seen it !
I haven't-I honestly rarely watch tv.
Seems I ain't missing much then-guys with faces
like pussycats.Boat and float I suppose.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
I haven't-I honestly rarely watch tv.
Seems I ain't missing much then-guys wh faces
like pussycats.Boat and float I suppose.
Anyone like to enlighten Eva with their views on Peter Kays Phoenix Nights?

The picture in question is taking from the fun day episode whereuppon Kenny had his face painted as a tiger, unbeknown to him car paint was used !

The paint remained for the rest of the series !

Hilarious !
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The picture in question is taking from the fun day episode whereuppon Kenny had his face painted as a tiger, unbeknown to him car paint was used !

Hilarious !
I believe Phoenix Nights to be the funniest comedy series we have seen for generations.

It also contained some serious undercurrent of social comment in the humour - the episode with the racist folk group was hilarious yet poignant both at the same time.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes...he may have crap taste in music but Phoenix Nights is genius.

singles night was one of my favourites when ironside falls in love with the woman from the DSS.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:35 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hilarious !
As I imagine the scene,its raising a titter I confess but I'm fine w.o a tv
Being on here is comedy enough.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Whitney Houston .... should appear above the likes of Ray Charles and Otis Redding

Go and lie down............ preferably for a long time. The Shouter above Ray Charles and Otis Redding?? Please - this was meant to be a serious discussion......... and this from a non-Muslim woman of colour.........

Whitney Houston cannot sing. Period. She shouts. In tune, admittedly, but that doesn't make it singing.

My blood is boiling.............
If you seriously think Whitney Houston is just a "shouter" and cannot sing, then I pity your family and friends...and what does my religion and race have to do with anything? Did you not see my other choices?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
If you seriously think Whitney Houston is just a "shouter" and cannot sing, then I pity your family and friends...and what does my religion and race have to do with anything? Did you not see my other choices?
Sorry S. Have to agree with the Dean on Whitney, she really knows how to murder a song.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Your other choices? Yes - you included one of the all-time greats, Ella Fitzgerald - no argument.

But you also included Diana Ross, but not Gladys Knight or Dionne Warwick.... so my friends and family will no doubt continue to suffer........

Anyway, forget it - as you say, each to his/her own..........

I've tried to avoid 'personal favourites' as I said earlier...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.