Roger Moore RIP

Old May 24th 2017, 9:16 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roger Moore RIP

Died at home in Switzerland aged 89 following a "short fight with cancer".

Kind of got missed with the understandable focus on the Manchester atrocity.

He was the Bond I grew up with so, though not my favourite, he is the ur-Bond for me. And a complete gent on and off the screen by all accounts.

Plus the single best sequence in the history of the Bond movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyQauA2udc[/URL]
Old May 24th 2017, 9:51 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Moore RIP

Moonraker and Octopussy are still my favourites.

A great story here:

This truly wonderful Roger Moore story will soothe your aching soul | The Poke
Old May 24th 2017, 10:18 am
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

A great story here:

That story was so great. Sad that he is gone, but I think he had a great life. He came across in interviews as a lovely man with a great sense of humour. Also with so many people, like Alan Rickman, dying much younger than they should, it's nice to see him getting to a good age of 89.
Old May 24th 2017, 11:18 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Plus the single best sequence in the history of the Bond movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyQauA2udc[/URL]
This version is even better:

Roger Moore was indeed a legend. Seems a genuinely nice guy, very funny too in an understated way. He never took the Bond role too seriously, and unlike a lot of actors who seem to resent the roles that made them famous, he always seemed happy to keep being Bond long after he stopped starring in the movies and said he never minded at all when people in restaurants or hotels called him Mr Bond.

I guess you always prefer the Bond you grew up with, for me Moonraker was the first Bond film I saw, so Roger Moore will always be the real Bond.
Old May 24th 2017, 11:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My Bond was Brosnan, who I'll only ever see as Bond.

Roger Moore though, was an absolute joy to watch and I remember being a kid watching old Bond movies and thinking he was the coolest man on earth.
Old May 24th 2017, 12:22 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captainflack
This version is even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrp0wJsXNEA
I posted that previously in another forum (it's a bit abbreviated from the movie to match AP's commentary) but today mysteriously lost the ability to embed videos anyway!
Old May 24th 2017, 12:27 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

A great story here:

It's a lovely story and I want to believe it. It does seem in character - I mean this is the guy with so much charm that he even managed to make Piers Morgan seem almost human when Morgan interviewed him (and RM was hilarious - worth watching the interview on YouTube).

But.......Blofeld was not actually a character in any of the RM Bond movies because of the lawsuit arising from Moonraker. The start of FYEO does feature a character who is clearly meant to be Blofeld but is never named as as such in the short sequence. Seems unlikely then that Moore would have referenced him in a conversation with a small boy 12 years after Blofeld's last appearance in a Bond movie - and even that was only briefly at the start of DAF, which was Sean Connery's last (official) appearance as Bond....
Old May 24th 2017, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

no disrespect to Roger Moore (May Allah swt bless his soul in peace)....my fav all time bond has to be Sean Connery....that schexy accent of his
Old May 26th 2017, 1:33 pm
...we killed the flame

OSN kindly obliged with an excellent double bill last night: The Man With the Golden Gun, the first Bond I ever saw and which I had under-rated I think on rewatching, and the peerless The Spy Who Loved Me, complete with dodgy Egyptian geography (driving to Luxor from Cairo, really?).
Old May 26th 2017, 3:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

OSN kindly obliged with an excellent double bill last night: The Man With the Golden Gun, the first Bond I ever saw and which I had under-rated I think on rewatching, and the peerless The Spy Who Loved Me, complete with dodgy Egyptian geography (driving to Luxor from Cairo, really?).
That's do-able in a Peugeot 504.
Old May 26th 2017, 7:54 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly enough, I watched TMWTGN last night too. I noticed that when Bond gets into the car and is introduced to the two nieces, one of them seems to speak in Chinese, and the other one speaks in Thai.

The one speaking Thai says how good looking he is, why is his face is like this etc, but the other niece understands??
Old May 26th 2017, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
My Bond was Brosnan, who I'll only ever see as Bond.

Roger Moore though, was an absolute joy to watch and I remember being a kid watching old Bond movies and thinking he was the coolest man on earth.
Stopped being into Bond when Brosnan took over. Brosnan as Bond just doesn't work for me. Haven't watched any of the Danial Craig Bond movies.

For me it's Moore and Dalton close behind.
Old May 27th 2017, 6:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Stopped being into Bond when Brosnan took over. Brosnan as Bond just doesn't work for me. Haven't watched any of the Danial Craig Bond movies.

The Moore-era films are not comparable with those of Craig. They're a different genre, the former being something kids could watch, with a bit of titillation for dads, but the latter are full-on spy/violence without even any soft edges. I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but they're simply not comparable.
Old May 27th 2017, 1:49 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
no disrespect to Roger Moore (May Allah swt bless his soul in peace)....my fav all time bond has to be Sean Connery....that schexy accent of his
I think the ultimate Bond film is Goldfinger and Connery was very good looking and charming then but I went off him when I found out, many years ago, that he thinks it is okay for a man to hit his wife. He's also a total hypocrite from a political perspective.
Old May 28th 2017, 4:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer

Craig is a very good Bond but I think some older viewers may not see them as the same sorts of films anymore. The cheesy shite that some of the oldest Bond films just doesn't get made now.

Apart from the one where Craig had to stop a guy stealing water. That one was awful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.