Roger Moore RIP

Old May 28th 2017, 5:53 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Moore RIP

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That's do-able in a Peugeot 504.
There and back in a night?
Old May 28th 2017, 5:56 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I think the ultimate Bond film is Goldfinger and Connery was very good looking and charming then but I went off him when I found out, many years ago, that he thinks it is okay for a man to hit his wife. He's also a total hypocrite from a political perspective.
More to the point was the distressing revelation that he wore a hairpiece in ALL of his Bond movies. Still though, the charisma...
Old May 28th 2017, 6:01 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Interestingly enough, I watched TMWTGN last night too. I noticed that when Bond gets into the car and is introduced to the two nieces, one of them seems to speak in Chinese, and the other one speaks in Thai.

The one speaking Thai says how good looking he is, why is his face is like this etc, but the other niece understands??
The one big annoying thing about that movie, which probably didn't really register with audiences in the mid '70s, is the way it treats Asia like the home counties. There and back between Hong Kong and Bangkok as though they were Guildford and Windsor, geographically and culturally.

The two small annoying things are the totally pointless re-appearance of Sherriff JW Pepper and the clown-car whistle when the car does the flip across the missing bridge (which was actually a real stunt and should have been given the appropriate treatment in the soundtrack and movie).
Old May 28th 2017, 7:03 am
...we killed the flame

Oh and while I'm at it, I'm sure Sir Roger, a noted Gooner*, is gazing down fondly on the tremendous achievement of Arsenal in winning the FA cup after a dominant final performance over the highly favoured champions. In particular I'm sure he's so proud of Arsene Wenger's incredible personal haul of 7 FA Cups, more than any other manager in history.

*Possibly, or possibly not but we'll go with it for today...
Old May 28th 2017, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I think the ultimate Bond film is Goldfinger and Connery was very good looking and charming then but I went off him when I found out, many years ago, that he thinks it is okay for a man to hit his wife. He's also a total hypocrite from a political perspective.
dayummm i had no idea
Old May 28th 2017, 9:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
More to the point was the distressing revelation that he wore a hairpiece in ALL of his Bond movies. Still though, the charisma...
Connery, circa 1964. You still would though, right?
Old May 28th 2017, 10:02 am
...we killed the flame

Connery, circa 1964. You still would though, right?
c. 2014 I think I still would (actually c. 1994 might be about my favourite vintage)...
Old May 29th 2017, 4:31 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

The one big annoying thing about that movie, which probably didn't really register with audiences in the mid '70s, is the way it treats Asia like the home counties. There and back between Hong Kong and Bangkok as though they were Guildford and Windsor, geographically and culturally.

The two small annoying things are the totally pointless re-appearance of Sherriff JW Pepper and the clown-car whistle when the car does the flip across the missing bridge (which was actually a real stunt and should have been given the appropriate treatment in the soundtrack and movie).
It's James Bond - you get annoyed by the lack of geographical awareness but then accept the cars that turn into submarines and watches that fire poison darts
Old May 29th 2017, 8:05 am
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's James Bond - you get annoyed by the lack of geographical awareness but then accept the cars that turn into submarines and watches that fire poison darts
In order to secure my willing suspension of disbelief, the obvious things that they could get right and don't need to flub should be at least reasonably accurate as that makes it easier to swallow the wacky stuff....
Old May 29th 2017, 10:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

There and back in a night?
Have you driven in Egypt?
Old May 29th 2017, 1:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Have you driven in Egypt?
The country where drivers commonly turn off their headlights at night to 'save the battery'.
Old May 30th 2017, 5:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The country where drivers commonly turn off their headlights at night to 'save the battery'.
That genuinely wouldn't surprise me. But it also wouldn't surprise me if the real reason was something totally different but a lie was easier.