Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Rest in peace Dutchie...

Rest in peace Dutchie...

Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:18 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rest in peace Dutchie...

Originally Posted by lionheart
MH
Do you reckon this one on my favourite Forum could be a fake too?

Post subject: RIP oldham blue Dave.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:16 am

Hi
My name's Gina, Dave's wife, sadly Dave passed away today around 3 oclock after a short illness.
He leaves behind me and our 2 young children and his beloved man city.

Thanks Gina

That post sounds real...succinct and to the point. However, a true friend of Dutchie surely would post something similar. Why would USExpat know so much about Dutchie's posts on ME Board or why would he go through all his old posts on The Board and then twice apologise to everyone on the ME Board whom Dutchie insulted...only a re-invented persona or nom de plume (a.k.a USExpat) would do that.

In Dutchie's last post (Dec 14th) he also apologised twice to those he insulted, says "...I do offer my sincere apologies to anyone I've insulted in the last few weeks. So this will be my last post on here, to the friends I made I say goodbye. To those I insulted? I offer my sincere apologies."
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7066379

I'm with MH and others on this one...Dutchie and USExpat are but one and the same. What is sad though is his mixing of his real life problems within the spoof text...he could have just re-invented himself without the baggage.

I must remember to write an unauthorised autobiography one day.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
well...if it's how I think it is, he just needs to get himself sorted out....get some professional help...
Maybe he's broke from paying his ex-wife like he previously said and can't afford professional help but would rather opt to just use the boards as an outlet.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
That post sounds real...succinct and to the point. However, a true friend of Dutchie surely would post something similar. Why would USExpat know so much about Dutchie's posts on ME Board or why would he go through all his old posts on The Board and then twice apologise to everyone on the ME Board whom Dutchie insulted...only a re-invented persona or nom de plume (a.k.a USExpat) would do that.

In Dutchie's last post (Dec 14th) he also apologised twice to those he insulted, says "...I do offer my sincere apologies to anyone I've insulted in the last few weeks. So this will be my last post on here, to the friends I made I say goodbye. To those I insulted? I offer my sincere apologies."
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7066379

I'm with MH and others on this one...Dutchie and USExpat are but one and the same. What is sad though is his mixing of his real life problems within the spoof text...he could have just re-invented himself without the baggage.

I must remember to write an unauthorised autobiography one day.
good post, macscott...i already said on a previous thread that i thought they were the same...the examples you highlight would seem to prove it...

MM, xx
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:26 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Maybe he's broke from paying his ex-wife like he previously said and can't afford professional help but would rather opt to just use the boards as an outlet.
who knows...we probably never will find out...but that is not the point I was trying to make...
for me, BE is a group of posters that respect each other, we might not all get along and some are damn annoying, lol...but basically we wouldn't wind each other up on a grand scale...and to have people feeling bad because of what happened to Dutchie feels wrong to me...
We all say stuff on here that might not be true, to make a point or to heat up a discussion etc...but to go this far seems weird...

oh, there is one exception...Ray has died on here a few times...and we still love him...
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:28 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

oh, there is one exception...Ray has died on here a few times...and we still love him...
Yeah...but that was just his jokes !
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:29 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Yeah...but that was just his jokes !
god help us when he really dies...
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:52 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Having just re-read the post carefully, there are very few spelling mistakes indeed unlike "most of do not" in your last post, Roadking. What exactly are you getting at? Next you will be telling us that Father Christmas doesn't exist.
LH, well done; you spotted the deliberate error. Thanks for taking the time to do so. My point is, yes I made a grammatical error in my last post, however, I do not repeat the same error regularly.

I make different ones every time. Can you find the error in this post?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all
Default Then I'll make it easy for you all.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. If I agree or don't agree with them, if they hurt or don't hurt are besides the point here. But I would like to straiten things out a bit although I know my points will be doubted strait away.

1. Yes, to reply to the female PI on here, I have been living in Peter's house the last few months, moving out to a hotel soon as I don't want to burden his daughter by staying here. But if you really think that John Wittlock, Peter Vermeer and Frans Wind are the same person you could try to trace Frans Wind's IP address and compare it to mine. I'll make it easy for you, my IP address is 198.168.1.3

I could switch on Peter's server and get his IP address, but out of respect and for privacy reasons I will not do that. See it as a weak excuse if you want to. I see it as decent behavior under the current circumstances. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. I never knew my English was that bad. I haven't been back in the States since I was a young man, but still know the spelling differences between UK and USA English. That I've picked up some Dutch expressions throughout the years? Yes, some good and not so good ones. But I've also picked up some Japanese, Russian, Chinese and South Americans ones. Translated into my poor English of course. But one for the record? I am 100% American, not that I'm even going to make the effort to prove that any further. If I'm poorly educated? I don't think so myself, but will let others be the judge of that. I worked my way through school as a lot, actually 90% of Americans did / do. I wasn't born rich and not ashamed of that either.

3. To some comments I agree, I should have never notified anyone of Peter's death. Looking back on it it was my personal judgment mistake, I schould have just let yet an other BE poster just simply disappear. Seems to happen a lot on here.

4. I agree, I would really be one hell of a sick guy if I sat down for hours to try to create a fake person. Create a fake death and then scenario around it on one A4 sized paper. And try to put together the emotions surrounding it from a friends point of view. I'm not a freak or mental nut case, just a guy that lost a good friend.

5. For those that are comparing my posts to those of Peter's I'd like to correct a small mistake. I'm divorced remember? Go back and read my postings again.

6. As for putting my name under some postings on here? I thought it would give a more human touch to text. So did Peter, if the other person did? I don't know. Most of the avatars used on here are copied from other boards and websites (like mine is). At least from the few real pictures I saw, compared to the avatars that is. Most of the names used don't really reflect the real person either in my opinion.

But I know where I am no longer welcome. And to wake you you? I'll do the same as Peter did, leave this board for good. This comment alone must be good for at least god knows how many pages of "See he's the same person".

John

Correction:

IP4V Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Connection specific DNS suffix : telephony.multikabel.net

For the record, to any administrator or super administrator on this BE board, I John Wittlock hereby give approval to any form of IP trace or what ever other method is required to identify not only my IP address, but that of Peter Vermeer as well. If a sever switch on is required to prove the existence of Peter's own unique IP identity I will do so. But do understand I will not go further then switching it on. I refuse to access information (previous postings / PM's / emails) on his systems I do not consider relevant to the arguments made against me. I will not enter login codes to fully startup his server and workplace. The startup routine itself schould be enough to prove the existence of his IP data.

Signed fully aware of the privacy consequences,

John Wittlock
The Netherlands

Last edited by USExpat; Dec 24th 2008 at 8:37 am.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i beleive you John.....

hang in there buddy..

be strong..

Commander G.U lubble
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:22 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I too stand up to be counted as a Doubting Thomas.
Initially however I would like to know why it is that some posters get a hard time (in particular from the usual suspects who clearly have issues with said poster in this instance) for merely expressing an opinion?.
I have read over the months that some posters thought the Dubai bubble would burst; their opinion.
I have also read that many were confident it wouldn’t-their opinion.
It has been written herein that Commander is arrogant; some opine he is funny and not arrogant
Beardman has been called a mysogynist, others including women welcome him back.
We all have our own opinions and it seems most of us are allowed to express them –except
Mata. Why is Mata’s opinion that Dutchie, Frans and USExpat are one in the same person so outrageous and unacceptable to some?? It is her opinion and she is allowed to express same.

It is also my opinion. My conspiracy theory started in one of Dutchie’s thread wherein he stated
he was 5’8.I recalled another thread where he had written he was 2.04 m.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=IMPERIAL

Already Fairydust had pondered weather Dutchie was Franz- a character not known to me however
having read some of his posts I am certain both are authored by same person.
I felt sorry the way Dutchie left the Board, clearly imho, he had difficulties and I am sure had he
stayed around, he would have been helped in some way-even if only a comforting kind word now and again by some of us on here. Sometimes people can be so down that a spark of kindness can get them to the next day.
With the advent of USExpat, bells started to ring immediately with me........the language, the layout the personal details and commonality with industry, nationality, age range and experience in different parts of the world.
I had begun to check back the quotes which sometimes reveal numbers I believe to be IP address looking for same in both Dutchie’s and USExpat’s quotes but his comment last nite about being in Dutchie’s house alibi’d this and rendered it useless as proof of them being the same person.
The signature and location when signing off a post also a common trait in both their writings- why give a real name when protocol is a User Name?
Other little things, the use of language, same phraseology......................................
I am certain one Dutchman is all three.
Like many herein, I don’t suffer fools gladly but I genuinely believe Dutchie was not trying to make a fool of us. I genuinely believe he just wanted to seek our attention in the hope that we could maybe
lift his spirits a little-rather similar to my own situation when I first joined this forum and I am not ashamed to say it.
Analyzing Dutchie’s posts, it is evident that the guy wasn’t emotionally in the best place.
For those of us who have experienced the loss of someone very close, be it a loved one or family-then we know only too well what bereavement can do to one’s head. So I for one do hope we get to the bottom of this and the real Dutchman stands up and takes the offer of support which MM alluded to many posts ago.
Dutchie,
It’s there waiting for you from many, many of us, just reach out and grab it.
Eva x
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:50 am
hmmmm...nice

just want to state (again) that I also do not think that this was meant as a joke and that there now is someone in Holland laughing their head off reading all this...I do believe that whoever is behind this has some serious problems that I hope will be sorted out.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 9:00 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

just want to state (again) that I also do not think that this was meant as a joke and that there now is someone in Holland laughing their head off reading all this...I do believe that whoever is behind this has some serious problems that I hope will be sorted out.
MH, you simply stated before what i would imagine loads were thinking.

You dont care what people think of you. Too many on here post to be loved, to feel popular.

Most likely to mask their real life existence.

Im with you 100% on this.

You shouldnt have even justified your last post.

And as eva has eluded, this issue goes way beyond Passing of the Dutchie

Like my tongue in cheek comments on another thread re gossiping women. It was ok for Karlos to comment etc, but i never saw him being shot down by the easily offended 'love me please' brigade.

Its a forum, people need to remember this and get a grip

pixels x pixels
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eva
I too stand up to be counted as a Doubting Thomas.
Initially however I would like to know why it is that some posters get a hard time (in particular from the usual suspects who clearly have issues with said poster in this instance) for merely expressing an opinion?.
I have read over the months that some posters thought the Dubai bubble would burst; their opinion.
I have also read that many were confident it wouldn’t-their opinion.
It has been written herein that Commander is arrogant; some opine he is funny and not arrogant
Beardman has been called a mysogynist, others including women welcome him back.
We all have our own opinions and it seems most of us are allowed to express them –except
Mata. Why is Mata’s opinion that Dutchie, Frans and USExpat are one in the same person so outrageous and unacceptable to some?? It is her opinion and she is allowed to express same.

It is also my opinion. My conspiracy theory started in one of Dutchie’s thread wherein he stated
he was 5’8.I recalled another thread where he had written he was 2.04 m.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=IMPERIAL

Already Fairydust had pondered weather Dutchie was Franz- a character not known to me however
having read some of his posts I am certain both are authored by same person.
I felt sorry the way Dutchie left the Board, clearly imho, he had difficulties and I am sure had he
stayed around, he would have been helped in some way-even if only a comforting kind word now and again by some of us on here. Sometimes people can be so down that a spark of kindness can get them to the next day.
With the advent of USExpat, bells started to ring immediately with me........the language, the layout the personal details and commonality with industry, nationality, age range and experience in different parts of the world.
I had begun to check back the quotes which sometimes reveal numbers I believe to be IP address looking for same in both Dutchie’s and USExpat’s quotes but his comment last nite about being in Dutchie’s house alibi’d this and rendered it useless as proof of them being the same person.
The signature and location when signing off a post also a common trait in both their writings- why give a real name when protocol is a User Name?
Other little things, the use of language, same phraseology......................................
I am certain one Dutchman is all three.
Like many herein, I don’t suffer fools gladly but I genuinely believe Dutchie was not trying to make a fool of us. I genuinely believe he just wanted to seek our attention in the hope that we could maybe
lift his spirits a little-rather similar to my own situation when I first joined this forum and I am not ashamed to say it.
Analyzing Dutchie’s posts, it is evident that the guy wasn’t emotionally in the best place.
For those of us who have experienced the loss of someone very close, be it a loved one or family-then we know only too well what bereavement can do to one’s head. So I for one do hope we get to the bottom of this and the real Dutchman stands up and takes the offer of support which MM alluded to many posts ago.
Dutchie,
It’s there waiting for you from many, many of us, just reach out and grab it.
Eva x
You could have also simply asked for that info and I would have given it. Stab from the front Eva, not from the back. It would have shown a little bit of style. The side effects of playing judge and jury at the same time? And to be honest? I don't give a rats ass what people think of me now. I acted on behalf of a friend that passed away. Made mistakes in the process but that's only a sign of being human.

John

Last edited by USExpat; Dec 24th 2008 at 10:39 am.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

can we put this to bed now..
Old Dec 24th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I like Mata Hari, she's got big balls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.