Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Regional protests: your images

Regional protests: your images

Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regional protests: your images

Does anyone here have any pictures of the regional protests that do not have copyright?

I'm in need of one or two pictures - a few Egyptians / Syrians / Yemenis / Bahrainis waving flags would great.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:30 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional protests: your images

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Does anyone here have any pictures of the regional protests that do not have copyright?

I'm in need of one or two pictures - a few Egyptians / Syrians / Yemenis / Bahrainis waving flags would great.
All pictures have copyright - it's the license / royalty that you wish to avoid paying.... why so cheap?

If you can pay something try Getty, Corbis, Arabian Eye stock photo sites...
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:34 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a few of Sana'a..

Not exactly what you are after but it gives an idea of what living in one of the protest squares is like. I might have some Egyptian ones. i will have a look afterwards.

Last edited by weasel central; Apr 12th 2011 at 7:40 am. Reason: decided to remove the pictures..sorry!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
All pictures have copyright - it's the license / royalty that you wish to avoid paying.... why so cheap?

If you can pay something try Getty, Corbis, Arabian Eye stock photo sites...
yes yes - detail.

The reality is that I just don't have a budget for this so I'm after a freebie.

but, I'll have a look to see if I can find a good picture from the sites you mention.

cheers
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel central
Have a few of Sana'a..

Not exactly what you are after but it gives an idea of what living in one of the protest squares is like. I might have some Egyptian ones. i will have a look afterwards.
ahhhh.... you removed them as I was opening the middle one!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:48 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhhh.... you removed them as I was opening the middle one!
Sorry man, was just thinking about them as they are from right in the middle of the camps, I don't want them to get around the net. With the wrong date stamp etc on them, they are probably easily recognisable. I might have some generic style egyptian ones, I will check shortly.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel central
Sorry man, was just thinking about them as they are from right in the middle of the camps, I don't want them to get around the net. With the wrong date stamp etc on them, they are probably easily recognisable. I might have some generic style egyptian ones, I will check shortly.
No worries - I was going to remove the date stamp anyway
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Also try Flickr.com There are plenty of semi-pro's out there and you'll be able to get some good images. With a quick email many will let you use their photos if you include their name, or send a small fee by paypal. Worth a look anyway.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:52 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yes yes - detail.

The reality is that I just don't have a budget for this so I'm after a freebie.

but, I'll have a look to see if I can find a good picture from the sites you mention.

cheers
google it, find what you like, open photoshop...