British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Regional protests: your images (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/regional-protests-your-images-713016/)

Millhouse Apr 12th 2011 7:16 am

Regional protests: your images

Does anyone here have any pictures of the regional protests that do not have copyright?

I'm in need of one or two pictures - a few Egyptians / Syrians / Yemenis / Bahrainis waving flags would great.

Autonomy Apr 12th 2011 7:30 am

Re: Regional protests: your images

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9299937)
Does anyone here have any pictures of the regional protests that do not have copyright?

I'm in need of one or two pictures - a few Egyptians / Syrians / Yemenis / Bahrainis waving flags would great.

All pictures have copyright - it's the license / royalty that you wish to avoid paying.... why so cheap?

If you can pay something try Getty, Corbis, Arabian Eye stock photo sites...

weasel central Apr 12th 2011 7:34 am

Have a few of Sana'a..

Not exactly what you are after but it gives an idea of what living in one of the protest squares is like. I might have some Egyptian ones. i will have a look afterwards.

Millhouse Apr 12th 2011 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9299963)
All pictures have copyright - it's the license / royalty that you wish to avoid paying.... why so cheap?

If you can pay something try Getty, Corbis, Arabian Eye stock photo sites...

yes yes - detail.

The reality is that I just don't have a budget for this so I'm after a freebie.

but, I'll have a look to see if I can find a good picture from the sites you mention.

cheers

Millhouse Apr 12th 2011 7:43 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 9299966)
Have a few of Sana'a..

Not exactly what you are after but it gives an idea of what living in one of the protest squares is like. I might have some Egyptian ones. i will have a look afterwards.

ahhhh.... you removed them as I was opening the middle one!

weasel central Apr 12th 2011 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9299981)
ahhhh.... you removed them as I was opening the middle one!

Sorry man, was just thinking about them as they are from right in the middle of the camps, I don't want them to get around the net. With the wrong date stamp etc on them, they are probably easily recognisable. I might have some generic style egyptian ones, I will check shortly.

Millhouse Apr 12th 2011 7:53 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 9299992)
Sorry man, was just thinking about them as they are from right in the middle of the camps, I don't want them to get around the net. With the wrong date stamp etc on them, they are probably easily recognisable. I might have some generic style egyptian ones, I will check shortly.

No worries - I was going to remove the date stamp anyway :)

fezzer Apr 12th 2011 8:33 am

Also try Flickr.com There are plenty of semi-pro's out there and you'll be able to get some good images. With a quick email many will let you use their photos if you include their name, or send a small fee by paypal. Worth a look anyway.

Hello.Kitty Apr 12th 2011 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9299969)
yes yes - detail.

The reality is that I just don't have a budget for this so I'm after a freebie.

but, I'll have a look to see if I can find a good picture from the sites you mention.

cheers

google it, find what you like, open photoshop...