Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Old Mar 17th 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Twat.
Would you care to explain why you say that with an intelligent argument?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Would you care to explain why you say that with an intelligent argument?
Can't resist besides Brains is probs on the 2 o'clock feed.

Twat

A crude name for the female sexual organ

Or

A stupid or offensive person.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eva
Can't resist besides Brains is probs on the 2 o'clock feed.

Twat

A crude name for the female sexual organ

Or

A stupid or offensive person.

Good effort, I think you’ve explained the meaning very well both in words and in action, well done
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Nothing beats Waitrose
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Good effort, I think you’ve explained the meaning very well both in words and in action, well done
...and in action...?

Elaborate please?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Nothing beats Waitrose
They have made a big error by employing Pippa Middleton in place of Delia
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:10 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soukie
Ditto
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by soukie
absolutely agree with you
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:31 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish to God that this deal goes through so that I can start buying from M&S again. I have boycotted that store many years ago for ethical reasons and since then, every time I pass by it I get tempted to go in
Do we have to spell it out to you?? Ethics and the Middle East do not go together. Ethical treatment of women, labour or even animals........
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ha ha, I'm not saying they would. I'm more surprised that an Arab company would do business with a Jewish company. Although I suppose its probably a case of details like this not mattering when it suits their needs and there's cash to be made!
Khaleejis will deal with Israel and or Jews when it suits their interests, I don't see them as ideologically attached to opposing Israel/Jews no matter what. Atlantis founder is Jewish and the Gulf States are aligned with Israel to kneecap Iran.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I wish to God that this deal goes through so that I can start buying from M&S again. I have boycotted that store many years ago for ethical reasons and since then, every time I pass by it I get tempted to go in
So you care about ethical reasons and yet would support the Qatari government's venture.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

selling women knickers with the word God in Arabic written on them , or selling flip-flips with similar writings,
Which M&S has these god-flops? I'm bored of Havianas.

I know you and your educated brethren have your reasons for being offended by these 'faux-pas' but can you not see how ridiculous it looks to the majority of us?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you insist….. Apart from some silly reasons, like selling women knickers with the word God in Arabic written on them , or selling flip-flips with similar writings, as they used to do in the past, my main reason is the man behind that company. He has dedicated a considerable amount of the company’s annual profit into supporting some rogue state in the world
Fair enough... I assume you also boycott Tescos, SkyTV and Intel? to name a select few...
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'm more surprised that an Arab company would do business with a Jewish company.
Don't be so naive.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 4:57 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

If you insist….. Apart from some silly reasons, like selling women knickers with the word God in Arabic written on them , or selling flip-flips with similar writings, as they used to do in the past, my main reason is the man behind that company. He has dedicated a considerable amount of the company’s annual profit into supporting some rogue state in the world
you did say silly so for once ill leave it at that but out of interest where do you draw the line on this one?

serious question given that almost every company in the world deals with "the state that cannot be named", or is involved with the jewish lobby in the US?

really is it just a case of you live like a hermit or is it only worth boycotting if they are public about such things. where and how do you draw the line.

i can actually understand boycotting something for ethical or moral reasons, i really can but how do you practically implement it?

n.b as far as i can tell the knickers story was from 1978
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...pg=2710,581368

i cant find any reference to flip flops though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.