Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold
Default Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

I thought they owned Sainsbury...

I wonder how much Amanda is getting paid out of these deals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Staveley

QATAR is considering an audacious £8bn-plus bid for Marks & Spencer, the high street chain.

According to senior City sources, the Qatar Investment Authority, the Gulf state’s sovereign wealth fund, has approached leading private equity houses and banks to assemble a consortium to make a move on M&S.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/N
ational/article1231288.ece
Old Mar 17th 2013, 1:04 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qataris 'planning to make £8billion takeover Marks and Spencer'

Originally Posted by alfrombarking View Post
I thought they owned Sainsbury...

I wonder how much Amanda is getting paid out of these deals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Staveley
Brilliant quote from her... "...it wouldn't matter if I was making £8 million or £200 million. I just want to go to bed at night and say I've done a good job."
Old Mar 17th 2013, 1:11 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Probably would though eh.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 1:46 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Probably would though eh.
Her dad owns Lightwater Valley - that would seal the deal.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

I wish to God that this deal goes through so that I can start buying from M&S again. I have boycotted that store many years ago for ethical reasons and since then, every time I pass by it I get tempted to go in
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark View Post
I wish to God that this deal goes through so that I can start buying from M&S again. I have boycotted that store many years ago for ethical reasons and since then, every time I pass by it I get tempted to go in
What goes on in your head?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 2:38 pm
Big Member

Well done you - their profits were down last November.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:27 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

What ethical reasons out of intrest?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
What ethical reasons out of intrest?

If you insist….. Apart from some silly reasons, like selling women knickers with the word God in Arabic written on them , or selling flip-flips with similar writings, as they used to do in the past, my main reason is the man behind that company. He has dedicated a considerable amount of the company’s annual profit into supporting some rogue state in the world
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

If you insist….. Apart from some silly reasons, like selling women knickers with the word God in Arabic written on them , or selling flip-flips with similar writings, as they used to do in the past, my main reason is the man behind that company. He has dedicated a considerable amount of the company’s annual profit into supporting some rogue state in the world
Yawn.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Was gonna say, they're a Jewish company are they not?
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Was gonna say, they're a Jewish company are they not?
I came across a bag of Israeli grown peppers one day in my central store back home. Must say they didn't taste any different.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful View Post
I came across a bag of Israeli grown peppers one day in my central store back home. Must say they didn't taste any different.
Ha ha, I'm not saying they would. I'm more surprised that an Arab company would do business with a Jewish company. Although I suppose its probably a case of details like this not mattering when it suits their needs and there's cash to be made!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

it does feel a bit like arabs are taking over the world. When I was last home i seemed to see Emirates and Ethihad sponsorship everywhere, let alone the retailers being bought up by the Middle East. Guess they are the only ones with any money these days.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Twat.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.