Public Beaches

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:37 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public Beaches

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Jumeriah Beach Park is that the beach i was reffering to with all the kite surfers ????
not sure...you have to pay to get in, there is a park area first, some fastfood outlets, deck chair hire, toilets etc...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:39 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Jumeriah Beach Park is that the beach i was reffering to with all the kite surfers ????
No thats the one by the old Wollongong University I think. There is another one that is usually very quiet along there but there were JCBs doing something at one end of it a couple of weeks ago. You turn off beach road as if you are going to Dubai Offshore Sailing Club but turn right instead of left to the Club and there is a small stretch there with toilets and a couple of showers.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MataHari
not sure...you have to pay to get in, there is a park area first, some fastfood outlets, deck chair hire, toilets etc...
Oh no i dont know it, the beach im on about is just before the Nakheel sales centre in between the Palm on your left & the burj on your right, where is Jumeriah Beach Park (Jumeriah i know but whats it near )
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no i dont know it, the beach im on about is just before the Nakheel sales centre in between the Palm on your left & the burj on your right, where is Jumeriah Beach Park (Jumeriah i know but whats it near )
it's sort of half way on Beach road....next to the Dubai Ladies Club and the old Jumeirah Beach Club grounds...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:11 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
it's sort of half way on Beach road....next to the Dubai Ladies Club and the old Jumeirah Beach Club grounds...
Its on your left hand side as your driving away from the Burj / JB Hotel (about 10mins from those hotels).

Just before the park, at a set of traffic lights there is a big open space of sand on your left where cars park for the park (if you dont want to pay the park 20AED entrance fee or if its car park is full)

JB Park is just after that, it has about a 400m front with railings etc. you cant miss it

As MH said its grass to the front (lots of bar-b-que's on the go / families picnicing etc) and the beach is behind.

Its very nice, a few fast food / drinks stalls etc

Generally speaking Fri's are busier than Sat's but its still a great place to go and do sod all.........

Word of warning though....Watch out for MH's daughter because if her Mum says she knows you, the little terror comes up and bashes on the head with a small rock.....
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

pixiesuae is an unknown quantity at this point

Did u try al mamzar park, its very quiet during the week time. Other than the beach before Jum beach hotel U need to drive over Abu Dhabi border to have a quiet beach but they r all private areas so u may be moved.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pixiesuae
Did u try al mamzar park, its very quiet during the week time. Other than the beach before Jum beach hotel U need to drive over Abu Dhabi border to have a quiet beach but they r all private areas so u may be moved.
All private i thought all beaches 'except hotels' were public
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

pixiesuae is an unknown quantity at this point

There are alot of villas owned by Sheikhs along the beach and if u camp on the lands near them then u can be asked to move. Its happened to us before but always worth a try
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pixiesuae
My family loves Al Mamzar Beach Park mainly because it offers five different beaches at one location. Its popular with canoodling lesbians too.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

It's a trek but over in Fujairah there is 'Sandy Beach' with Snoopy Island which you can snorkel too. Went on a weekend and there was hardly anyone there. It is the best part of two hours away though.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
It's a trek but over in Fujairah there is 'Sandy Beach' with Snoopy Island which you can snorkel too. Went on a weekend and there was hardly anyone there. It is the best part of two hours away though.
better going snorkelling to Dibba Rock. More chance of seeing a shark.

I've dived Snoopy Rock and there wasn't a huge amount to see compared to the other sites around there.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
better going snorkelling to Dibba Rock. More chance of seeing a shark.

I've dived Snoopy Rock and there wasn't a huge amount to see compared to the other sites around there.
Oh god.I was watching Friday night with Jonathan Ross last night.He had this guy on there who does all the weird animal programmes.There was a clip of him in the sea with this guy with a load of bull sharks I think they were.One of them bit into this guys leg and took half of it off.Terrifying.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:23 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Oh god.I was watching Friday night with Jonathan Ross last night.He had this guy on there who does all the weird animal programmes.There was a clip of him in the sea with this guy with a load of bull sharks I think they were.One of them bit into this guys leg and took half of it off.Terrifying.
Was it off Fujeirah or Dubai?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Was it off Fujeirah or Dubai?
They are also know as Zambezi Sharks and are known to swim well up river and kill people who are swimming. Found pretty much everywhere but I don't think they are seen around here much. Probably the nastiest of all sharks!

normally just get Black Tip Reef sharks here which are not normally dangerous to humans
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
ooooh will have to download that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.