Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Problems With Mobiles ?

Problems With Mobiles ?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems With Mobiles ?

all a bit expatwoman I know but anyone know what's up with mobiles today ?

as an aside do you provide your maid batteries for her rabbit or make her buy her own ?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems With Mobiles ?

Originally Posted by Sandboy
all a bit expatwoman I know but anyone know what's up with mobiles today ?

as an aside do you provide your maid batteries for her rabbit or make her buy her own ?
I let her plug it into the mains but deduct the usage from her salary. Seems a fair compromise
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

yes, but having bigger problems with internet than mobiles. Etishite gone tits up again??
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Was having Blackberry problems yesterday and had trouble getting a mobile signal first thing this morning but seems OK now.

Somebody probably forgot to press the big red 'On' button at Etishite before breaking for coffee and strange pastries.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I let her plug it into the mains but deduct the usage from her salary. Seems a fair compromise
what a nice employer
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:12 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Was having Blackberry problems yesterday and had trouble getting a mobile signal first thing this morning but seems OK now.

Somebody probably forgot to press the big red 'On' button at Etishite before breaking for coffee and strange pastries.
There is something on Gulf News about BB problems. Our work network was crap yesterday, and my phone reception was on/off.

Just another day in paradise.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:24 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have problems with mobiles...now I make my own

Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I used to have problems with mobiles...now I make my own

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/make-mobiles-1.jpg

my phone is fine and I am with Etisalat
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:43 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Description:

Etisalat is currently experiencing problems with their network affecting all services that they provide to some of there customers.

Impact:

You might have intermittent connection problems with your mobile phone, ADSL connection, the data service on your Blackberry and landline.

Workaround:

None
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:49 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Description:

Etisalat is currently experiencing problems with their network affecting all services that they provide to some of there customers.

Impact:

You might have intermittent connection problems with your mobile phone, ADSL connection, the data service on your Blackberry and landline.

Workaround:

Move to dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dU, dUUUUU
Ive corrected that for you....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:31 am

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ive corrected that for you....
Du is even worst. I work in the desert mostly and offshore location. Du signal barely non existant. I would get Jawwal From Saudi before getting Du.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:51 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Du is even worst. I work in the desert mostly and offshore location. Du signal barely non existant. I would get Jawwal From Saudi before getting Du.
Have to admit, they are much of a muchness.. My employer just moved all our mobile numbers from Estishite to dOn't and we have now found our office in JAFZA does not get a dU signal....

Thats what happens when you get accountants involved...!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Have to admit, they are much of a muchness.. My employer just moved all our mobile numbers from Estishite to dOn't and we have now found our office in JAFZA does not get a dU signal....

Thats what happens when you get accountants involved...!!!
no such thing as accountants here, I just call them arse licking do gooders
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
no such thing as accountants here, I just call them arse licking do gooders
The yes yes type....
Jesus f'ing hate them. Bunch of clunges...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:14 pm
Concierge

The yes yes type....
Jesus f'ing hate them. Bunch of clunges...
bloody jobs worths they are, really irritate me, got one in DH's company who is a smug little twat who thinks we are going to pay our own DEWA, he can think again and quit trying to get one up on us just to make himself look better, wanker.