Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry In The Shit.....

cloggie, paddy, jock, taffy, ginger, fatty, yank

all seem acceptable, but hell, dont dare say paki or chinky and the offended bus rolls up..

and it also brings out all the hypocrites...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

one of my best friends is married to a pakistani. She calls his countymen Pakis. and he also calls them Pakis.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:43 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
one of my best friends is married to a pakistani. She calls his countymen Pakis. and he also calls them Pakis.
then they are racists..
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
so its the same with 'Jock" then or is that just i bit of fun?

what about 'Chinky'
I've yet to meet a "Jock" or a " Paddy" who will go to the national newspapers over use of those words and make a big hoohaa over nothing (some might have a few words of their own to say in response though!)

N.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:07 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

cloggie, paddy, jock, taffy, ginger, fatty, yank

all seem acceptable, but hell, dont dare say paki or chinky and the offended bus rolls up..

and it also brings out all the hypocrites...
Unfortunately the work Paki has become like the word Nigger in that it has been used in a racist context and manner, which is entirely different to non-abusive banter about Jocks, Sassenachs, Geordies, Mackems and Cockneys. So even if it is just thought of as banter, you can't escape the fact that it will offend some people.

I hope that you'd agree that Nigger isn't an acceptable term.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:13 pm
banned

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Unfortunately the work Paki has become like the word Nigger in that it has been used in a racist context and manner, which is entirely different to non-abusive banter about Jocks, Sassenachs, Geordies, Mackems and Cockneys. So even if it is just thought of as banter, you can't escape the fact that it will offend some people.

I hope that you'd agree that Nigger isn't an acceptable term.
I agree but why do lots of coloured americans refer to each other as Niggers.

wazzup Nigger etc etc

That seems acceptable...christ just listen to a 50pence album..

one persons non-abusive 'banter' may be offensive to another. Such is life...

Too many people actually que up to be offended..
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:40 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree but why do lots of coloured americans refer to each other as Niggers.

wazzup Nigger etc etc

That seems acceptable...christ just listen to a 50pence album..

one persons non-abusive 'banter' may be offensive to another. Such is life...

Too many people actually que up to be offended..
I knew that one was coming!

It's about reclaiming that word and reducing its power, I believe. Self-depracation as well, I imagine. The difficulty people have is that a particular word might not offend them so they can't imagine how anyone else could. Sure, some people play it up and use it to their advantage, but it doesn't change what the roots of the word are or why they do offend some people.

Someone will say the MOBO awards are racist in a minute...

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jan 12th 2009 at 1:43 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:51 pm
banned

Well they are surely? (Can't find a smiley thingy)

Let's have a MOWO and invite vanilla ice to rap some gangsta shit
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:02 pm
Excess Baggage

Well they are surely? (Can't find a smiley thingy)

Let's have a MOWO and invite vanilla ice to rap some gangsta shit
Ha, caught me a fine one!

The likes of Eminem and Vanilla Ice (showing yer age?) would win MOBOs by virtue of the fact that the music is of Black Origin. Fo shizzle!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:10 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Packy, very popular abreviation in Ireland as well .
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:17 pm
banned

Packy bonner, legendary keeper for semtex FC if I recall correctly
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Packy bonner, legendary keeper for semtex FC if I recall correctly
thats offensive
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:21 pm
banned

What is? IRA Supporting Celtic FC?
You have gotta be kidding
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

What is? IRA Supporting Celtic FC?
You have gotta be kidding
actually i was, i thought you would get that in the light of this thread.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

oh i forgot i should have used a smilie
there you go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.