Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:37 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prince Harry In The Shit.....

Prince Harry has been embroiled in a fresh race row after a video showing him using racist insults was obtained by the News Of The World.

Prince Harry in the video obtained by the News of the World

The newspaper reports that the tape was made by the third in line to the throne during his Army training.

It says the prince is heard calling one Asian trainee "our little Paki friend".

The newspaper reported that the videotape was shot by the prince as he was about to embark on training as a combat helicopter pilot in an airport for their flight to Cyprus.

Panning around the floor, over his bored or sleeping fellow trainees, he says: "This is luxury. And here is our first example of possibly how to admin yourself (meaning take care of yourself and your kit) in the terminal awaiting the RAF."

Focusing on his colleagues, Harry comments "now that is bad admin, bad admin" before it tracking over and zooming in on an Asian cadet yards away.

"Anybody else around here?" he asks. "Ah, our little Paki friend... Ahmed."

Ahmed is thought to be Ahmed Raza Khan, a Pakistani who won the award for the best overseas cadet at Sandhurst.

In a separate incident, the 24-year-old is heard calling another officer cadet who is jokingly wearing a veil on his head a "f***ing raghead".

Prince Harry used the term without any malice and as a nickname about a highly popular member of his platoon.

Statement from Clarence House

The video, shot in 2006, also shows the Prince joking about his grandmother the Queen - who is Commander in Chief of the British Army - in front of other cadets.

With his Army friends watching on, he is filmed making a joke call to her, saying: "Granny I've got to go, got to go, send my love to the Corgis and Grandpa."

He signs off by saying in front of them: "I've got to go, got to go, bye. God Save You... yeah, that's great."

Referring to the use of the word "Paki", a statement from Clarence House said: "Prince Harry fully understands how offensive this term can be - and is extremely sorry for any offence his words might cause.

"However, on this occasion three years ago, Prince Harry used the term without any malice and as a nickname about a highly popular member of his platoon.

"There is no question that Prince Harry was in any way seeking to insult his friend."

It added that he was using the term "raghead" to mean "Taliban" or "Iraqi insurgent".

Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

TheLikers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prince Harry In The Shit.....

What I'd like to know is what little shit rifled through Hazza's belongings to come up with this - a personal recording made by Harry for...errrrrr...himself?
Are we not allowed to make our own commentary on our own personal recordings now. Seems not, if the PC barmy army get their way.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Such a non event, who would have thought soldiers where foul mouthed and not always worried about hurting the feelings of those trying to kill them.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:46 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see the difference between calling a person from Pakistan a "Paki" and calling someone from Britain a "Brit" or from Scotland a "Scot" etc etc...

Load of old b****ks if you ask me...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I fail to see the difference between calling a person from Pakistan a "Paki" and calling someone from Britain a "Brit" or from Scotland a "Scot" etc etc...

Load of old b****ks if you ask me...
or from England an "Eng"

point of note for cockneys, scotland actually is in Britian...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
or from England an "Eng"

Whats a cockney then!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Whats a cockney then!
youtube chaz and dave..
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

It´s not the first time Harry is in the shits..

Nazi-regalia as party dress and other stunts, complete tosser I say.
They should take a chapter from the gulf and keep him in "house arrest" like Sheikh Rashid, Sheikh Falah and Sheikh Issa..
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:15 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

or from England an "Eng"

No, its only in Britain when a Scot wins anything, ....when they lose they are Scottish !
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:15 pm
Hammer for Life

youtube chaz and dave..
Do you mind, they are Spurs fans and are not cockneys !
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:16 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by annacarna
Whats a cockney then!
Isnt a cock ney some form of arthiritis ?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

I dont see how this is an issue..saying something offensive doesnt make you a racist...I am really tired of this PC crap...
His grandfather Prince Philip has said a lot worst...I dont see Buckingham Palace ever apologizing for Prince Philip
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:18 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Islandgurl
I dont see how this is an issue..saying something offensive doesnt make you a racist...I am really tired of this PC crap...
His grandfather Prince Philip has said a lot worst...I dont see Buckingham Palace ever apologizing for Prince Philip
well said that gurl...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i think harry is great...but he must know better than to do this stuff, it's almost as if he is courting bad publicity...

MM, xx
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I particularly enjoyed the coverage on Sky News today...........

The nice lady said that Harry had used the ".... offensive term 'raghead'..." - and then she had to explain to viewers what it actually meant......

So people who didn't realise it was offensive before fully understand the meaning of the term now...........

Doh!!!

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 11th 2009 at 2:47 pm. Reason: c

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.