Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Premier League Season 2013/14

Premier League Season 2013/14

Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League Season 2013/14

Originally Posted by Scamp
Eurgh. Sunderland steal a point.

How can any side with Cattermole and Bardsley even hope of staying up?
Very impressed with your lot yesterday mind, absolutely took the piss for half an hour but then strangely sat back and started wasting time.

But that's 3 times you've played us this season and not beaten us
Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Sandboy
Very impressed with your lot yesterday mind, absolutely took the piss for half an hour but then strangely sat back and started wasting time.

But that's 3 times you've played us this season and not beaten us
You're a bogey team for us, for sure.

Not sure what happened, Borini showed his potential to be a top striker but taking a chance and making a run, we were asleep.

Boruc should have saved Johnson's strike, end of.

We just kill ourselves at the moment, sloppy mistakes undo such good periods of play and hard work. No offence, but we ran you lot silly to start with and then were hanging on in the end desperately trying not to concede - what the hell?

How we didn't win with these stats is beyond me:

Possession;
63% -Saints
37% - Sunderland
Shots;
Sunderland 10 Saints 17
On target;
Sunderland 5 Saints 8
Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Saints really did their homework - Poyet loves to play the ball from the back and will keep possession forever and a day waiting for a opening. Southampton pressed right up and Sunderland started kicking long, no hope with Jozy up there. The movement and fluidity of the whole team was amazing, I guess they just ran out steam.

Keeper and a more predatory centre forward and you'd have won 6-1
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Saints really did their homework - Poyet loves to play the ball from the back and will keep possession forever and a day waiting for a opening. Southampton pressed right up and Sunderland started kicking long, no hope with Jozy up there. The movement and fluidity of the whole team was amazing, I guess they just ran out steam.

Keeper and a more predatory centre forward and you'd have won 6-1
I get beaten by fellow Saints fans for saying we need someone much better than Lambert. I love him, but he isn't the future for us and isn't going to get us 15 goals leading the line etc.

You will remain unbeaten against us in something like 6 or 7 games now, proper bogey team!

Still, you lot show a bit of fight and heart which is more than the Fulhams, West Hams et al, so you'll probably be alright. SoL isn't an easy place to go.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I get beaten by fellow Saints fans for saying we need someone much better than Lambert. I love him, but he isn't the future for us and isn't going to get us 15 goals leading the line etc.

You will remain unbeaten against us in something like 6 or 7 games now, proper bogey team!

Still, you lot show a bit of fight and heart which is more than the Fulhams, West Hams et al, so you'll probably be alright. SoL isn't an easy place to go.
Seems a strange thing to say when he's just got the England call up but yesterday among Schniederlin, Lallana, Cork, Shaw, Rodriguez etc he was the weak link
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Seems a strange thing to say when he's just got the England call up but yesterday among Schniederlin, Lallana, Cork, Shaw, Rodriguez etc he was the weak link
It is a strange thing to say, I don't really like saying it, he's been a hero for us.

But look where we are in the league, we'll hopefully end up battling Newcastle for 8th place.

The next jump is to fight for Europa, the next thing is to fight for Champions League. The gap between where we are now and each of those steps is still huge...probably a striker, a keeper, another class centre half and maybe another midfielder.

Still, we're a project in progress and hopefully Don Cortese will be back with a billionaire Chinaman to keep the dream alive.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheShed
I spoke to Etishite yesterday and they assured me that eLife boxes will continue to work after Jan 31 as its a secure point-to-point connection. They had no idea whether this would re-introduce multiple games though :-(
Thanks! Folk at work seemed to think the same. Fingers crossed once all received are registered by 31st all games come back!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ADteacher
Thanks! Folk at work seemed to think the same. Fingers crossed once all received are registered by 31st all games come back!
I get my BeIN sports via DU, and over the weekend they shut down all the channels that show the EPL (some of those which show the local footy are still going though). As far as I'm aware there was no warning, and the message on the screen just says your provider no longer carries this channel (or words to that effect). Anyone else have this problem? I've not plucked up the requisite patience to call DU yet.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
I get my BeIN sports via DU, and over the weekend they shut down all the channels that show the EPL (some of those which show the local footy are still going though). As far as I'm aware there was no warning, and the message on the screen just says your provider no longer carries this channel (or words to that effect). Anyone else have this problem? I've not plucked up the requisite patience to call DU yet.
try restarting your decoder.
Al Jazeera (BeIn) have a dispute with the Premier League at the moment because of the amount of pubs showing BeIN coverage in the UK.

So BeIN only get to show one 3pm game, which is a breach of their contract with their customers, but we can be pretty sure there will be no refunds.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

A massive game for David Moyes on Wednesday. If they fail to beat Sunderland and don't qualify for the League Cup final, they will definitely not be winning any silverware this year (2014). Yes they are still in the Champions League but have very little chance of beating the likes of Bayern, Real or Barcelona.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happened to me. I lost channels 1-5, 11, 13 and 14 last weekend. No message on the screen or anything though. I couldn't give a toss about most of them but 11 is where they show the games in English.

Anyway, I called them up and they told me I didn't have a subscription for the football channels and that I had actually cancelled them last summer. I told him he must be mistaken as I have been watching EPL since the beginning of the season but he was adamant. He said he could activate it for me there and then to which I said yes please, but not before telling him that they must be a properly fu.kced up company to invent stories about their customers to cover up their mistakes...

I suspect they have had some sort of problem on their customer system related to the rebranding of Al Jazeera and instead of calling people proactively they have just switched channels off waiting for us to call them..

I haven't checked if the channels have reappeared yet, but if not there will be more shouting down the phone..
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Same thing happened to me. I lost channels 1-5, 11, 13 and 14 last weekend. No message on the screen or anything though. I couldn't give a toss about most of them but 11 is where they show the games in English.

Anyway, I called them up and they told me I didn't have a subscription for the football channels and that I had actually cancelled them last summer. I told him he must be mistaken as I have been watching EPL since the beginning of the season but he was adamant. He said he could activate it for me there and then to which I said yes please, but not before telling him that they must be a properly fu.kced up company to invent stories about their customers to cover up their mistakes...

I suspect they have had some sort of problem on their customer system related to the rebranding of Al Jazeera and instead of calling people proactively they have just switched channels off waiting for us to call them..

I haven't checked if the channels have reappeared yet, but if not there will be more shouting down the phone..
I called them last night and got the same story – ‘Sorry but you don’t have a subscription to the BeIN sports channels’ - my response was the same, that I’d be watching them every week since the summer. Apparently however they’d made a ‘customer service’ error and given me the channels free for the last 6 months. I decided against starting it up now as I’m moving apartment in a month or so and by taking the subscription they’d tie me into a new 1 year contract I’d have to pay AED150 to break when I do move, and in any case I’d wait until they sort out showing all the games again.

I could swear I signed up online on the Du website in August for the new package, but maybe that was last season… Will have to go and check my bills since then.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:59 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I called them last night and got the same story – ‘Sorry but you don’t have a subscription to the BeIN sports channels’ - my response was the same, that I’d be watching them every week since the summer. Apparently however they’d made a ‘customer service’ error and given me the channels free for the last 6 months. I decided against starting it up now as I’m moving apartment in a month or so and by taking the subscription they’d tie me into a new 1 year contract I’d have to pay AED150 to break when I do move, and in any case I’d wait until they sort out showing all the games again.

I could swear I signed up online on the Du website in August for the new package, but maybe that was last season… Will have to go and check my bills since then.
Bunch of muppets. I checked my bills after writing the post last night. I paid full price in December, but all other months since summer were free..

Surely there is no 12 months contract relating to specific program packages. That should only apply to the DU subscription as a whole.

The most entertaining thing was the customer service agent who actually argued with me and told me I was wrong. I had never had the football on my telly..
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:48 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

It just gets worse for Moyes.
Attached Thumbnails Premier League Season 2013/14-mu.gif  
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.