Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Post Ramadan BE Brunchathon

Post Ramadan BE Brunchathon

Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Ramadan BE Brunchathon

I'm about confused about what is being proposed. Is it drinks on Thursday 15th or brunch on Friday 16th?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm about confused about what is being proposed. Is it drinks on Thursday 15th or brunch on Friday 16th?
We could roll them to together...
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Urm, either Drinks 15th, Brunch 16th or Drinks 16th.

I'm easy like Sunday (Saturday) morning and not generally that fussed...purely drinks allows most people to escape if they don't enjoy it or think you're (collective) weird. Brunch is a bit more of a commitment.

Either way, you're coming so just tell me dates and suggestions.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I'm easy like Sunday (Saturday) morning and not generally that fussed...purely drinks allows most people to escape if they don't enjoy it or think you're (collective) weird. Brunch is a bit more of a commitment.

I'm ok for any one or more of those 3, but would prefer drinks 15th or brunch 16th.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:38 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

You want me to make suggestions to you?

I'd prefer the Thursday evening. Unlikely to be able to make the Friday.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 4:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Anymore for anymore?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Upwards nudge
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Right.

Might be worth looking at booking this sooner rather than later given the rush of brunches that will inevitably happen after Ramadan. (If we vote for brunch)

Will also be worth booking an area / table at a bar if we choose to do that instead of a brunch.

I've attached my geek sheet of who's available / not available...

Preference between Brunch or Drinks now and suggestions of locations please folks!
Attached Thumbnails Post Ramadan BE Brunchathon-br.bmp  
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:42 am
Bored liberal

No explanation of what on earth your colours mean. To reiterate, I am only available on the Thursday evening and that's not what the table, no matter what the colours are supposed to mean, shows.

Frankly, people are so negative on here and so keen to put everyone else down all the time, that I'm not keen on going at all.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go, prefer drinks on the Thursday, since I can scoot back early next day to Abu Dhabi. Otherwise it's a all day and overnight job on the Friday/Saturday.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:09 am
Hit 16's

I'm easy any which way but loose.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:24 am
Account Closed

No explanation of what on earth your colours mean. To reiterate, I am only available on the Thursday evening and that's not what the table, no matter what the colours are supposed to mean, shows.

Frankly, people are so negative on here and so keen to put everyone else down all the time, that I'm not keen on going at all.
My mistake, the pinky/red is a no, green is a yes, yellow is a no (you said Friday was unlikely, but I thought that wasn't concrete enough for pinky/red).

You'll probably find it'll like when we went to Loca (?) before, just a good little group of people who aren't the boring/negative/rude types?

Wont be the same if noone will drink Pride with me.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

I will be happy to go for drinks on 15th, then a brunch on the 16th I don't have any suggestions for a venue though as I will be the new kid (OK, middle aged bloke) on the block
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing brunch on the 2nd Sept at Al Qasr anyway, if anybody wants to join they are welcome.
I am ok for drinks on the Thursday 15th. Loca is good as long as you book a seating area :-) I can't stand for 3 hours in 5 inch heels
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:57 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I can't stand for 3 hours in 5 inch heels
That's ok, I always prefer women horizontal in 5 inch heels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.