pool closed

Old May 8th 2014, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nellie1584 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pool closed

hi everyone

I'm after some more advice! ive googled but cant see any answers

the pool in my building has been closed since January.
a notice went up in the lift to say it was being closed for maintenance and it would be re opened within 6 weeks
6 weeks came and went, the notice was taken down and the pool is still closed

Ive emailed the office that looks after the building and I'm either ignored or they just say when the pool is reopened they will inform all tenants

I pay a lot of money to live in this building and obviously the pool is one of the things I'm paying for; but so far I havent been able to use it

Are there any rules on things like this? any routes for an official complaint etc?

thanks
Old May 8th 2014, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pool closed

Originally Posted by Nellie1584 View Post
hi everyone

I'm after some more advice! ive googled but cant see any answers

the pool in my building has been closed since January.
a notice went up in the lift to say it was being closed for maintenance and it would be re opened within 6 weeks
6 weeks came and went, the notice was taken down and the pool is still closed

Ive emailed the office that looks after the building and I'm either ignored or they just say when the pool is reopened they will inform all tenants

I pay a lot of money to live in this building and obviously the pool is one of the things I'm paying for; but so far I havent been able to use it

Are there any rules on things like this? any routes for an official complaint etc?

thanks
The papers? aka Meow?
Old May 8th 2014, 12:47 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie, have you been given any reason apart from 'maintenance'. Does your contract mention access to a pool?
Old May 8th 2014, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Nellie, have you been given any reason apart from 'maintenance'. Does your contract mention access to a pool?
only reason has been maintenance so far; ive been emailing them pretty much every week, its getting a bit boring now

nothing in my contract about the building facilities
Old May 8th 2014, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

only reason has been maintenance so far; ive been emailing them pretty much every week, its getting a bit boring now

Are you the owner of the apartment or the tenant? If you're the tenant, the office won't give a monkey's about you. Get on your landlords case about it.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted the owner of the apartment directly? You need to point out that they are not fulfilling their part of the contract.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep View Post
Are you the owner of the apartment or the tenant? If you're the tenant, the office won't give a monkey's about you. Get on your landlords case about it.
im the tenant but i leased the apartment through the building admin office; i dont have contact details for my landlord annoyingly
Old May 8th 2014, 1:12 pm
Bored liberal

im the tenant but i leased the apartment through the building admin office; i dont have contact details for my landlord annoyingly
Ask for them. Their details should be on the contract.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

We recently had a bit of a fit and had over 30 houses emailing the owner of the compound direct as the chiller that controls the pool and the gym is broken for the 7th summer running. We got an email back telling us to never meet to discuss these matters and to never email head office again. Hilarious. So we went to the employer of most of the tenants, they held a meeting and it was suddenly all sorted.

Well apparently, as it is still not working 3 days later.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:24 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

there is basically nothing you can do about it.
Old May 8th 2014, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

the apartment is managed by the building office, so they are telling me i cant contact the landlord, all they have given me is his name

they've said a notice will be going up soon to tell us when the work will be finished; but they have no idea themselves about dates or what the repairs were

ive just asked for a reduction on rent as they are not providing the services im paying for - she laughed at me!!
Old May 8th 2014, 3:49 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
there is basically nothing you can do about it.
x 2 to the power n

my building has a pool, a gym, a sauna etc etc
when somethings not working, you really cant do much about it
the sauna is brand spanking new but was never connected so doesnt work, I even offered to pay for it myself to get it turned on (story of my life right there ) but the building management said no
the owner of the complete building block is one of His Excellencies, a prince I think, so atleast nothing stays kanckered for too long but Millhouse is right, If you dont know anyone 'within the system' then there is nothing u can do