Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Places to go after Dubai

Places to go after Dubai

Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to go after Dubai

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
some Maccams piss me off, not all of them though ...

I'll correct you , it's Mackem....
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
whatever alot of you are very strange
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:37 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

some Maccams piss me off, not all of them though ...
I thought BC was referring to Scots ! Had to look Mackem up. Interesting word...

Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Eastern Europe - closer to civilisation (London!), great architecture, nightlives(!) and better weather without the searing ME heat !
Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I thought BC was referring to Scots ! Had to look Mackem up. Interesting word...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8WFHsSEDiZg
love it it's a bit like that saying ... Want some dope? plant a Mackem
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Eastern Europe - closer to civilisation (London!), great architecture, nightlives(!) and better weather without the searing ME heat !
Where exactly do you mean? When I think of Poland, Hungary and such places, I think of dreary buildings, freezing cold winters and hard to understand languages.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

love it it's a bit like that saying ... Want some dope? plant a Mackem
Just spent a few days there over Xmas and you're not far wrong.....!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:30 pm
Concierge

Just spent a few days there over Xmas and you're not far wrong.....!
I was in The Bridges before Christmas, I sat in Gregg's people watching, I could have sat there all day, the old lady in a fleece with the Sunderland logo on the back particularly fascinated me, why would you want to wear a fleece with a Sunderland logo on it when you are in your 70's?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was in The Bridges before Christmas, I sat in Gregg's people watching, I could have sat there all day, the old lady in a fleece with the Sunderland logo on the back particularly fascinated me, why would you want to wear a fleece with a Sunderland logo on it when you are in your 70's?
3 days was enough for me , it will only get worse , the city center needs a total revamp , no money in the pot though and don't get me started on the Bridges , it makes Hartlepool look like Monaco.

I seen a few towns and cities in the UK over the last 10 days and there's very little difference in them. There's Primark , Pounstretcher and all the Bargain Basement outfits and it really destroy's the center of town. No decent shops to go in as they're all out of town in the soulless , faceless shopping outlet center.

I love the UK to bits but i'm afraid it's in for a tough time in the next few years.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:56 pm
Concierge

3 days was enough for me , it will only get worse , the city center needs a total revamp , no money in the pot though and don't get me started on the Bridges , it makes Hartlepool look like Monaco.

I seen a few towns and cities in the UK over the last 10 days and there's very little difference in them. There's Primark , Pounstretcher and all the Bargain Basement outfits and it really destroy's the center of town. No decent shops to go in as they're all out of town in the soulless , faceless shopping outlet center.

I love the UK to bits but i'm afraid it's in for a tough time in the next few years.
Sunderland in all fairness had some good brands, Monsoon, Clarks, Debenhams, Pandora, Boots, Marks and Spencers, BHS, Currys, Dixons and is a hell of alot better than South Shields. However there were tons of Pound Shops!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sunderland in all fairness had some good brands, Monsoon, Clarks, Debenhams, Pandora, Boots, Marks and Spencers, BHS, Currys, Dixons and is a hell of alot better than South Shields. However there were tons of Pound Shops!
A Currys and a Dixons, must be doing really well.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
A Currys and a Dixons, must be doing really well.
they were busy but it was before Christmas
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Where exactly do you mean? When I think of Poland, Hungary and such places, I think of dreary buildings, freezing cold winters and hard to understand languages.
Places including : Bulgaria, Crotia, Macdonia even a small country like Moldova - it all depends on your skills and work experience i suppose. For me i need an internet connection and I am working.