British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Petrol Station carnage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/petrol-station-carnage-553545/)

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 4:01 pm

Re: Petrol Station carnage

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 6655629)
have you pair lost your senses. Chris Fisher isnt fit to work in hospital radio at a hospital for the deaf. The man is the worst radio dj i have ever heard, and judging by how he is slowly getting worse and worse spots on the air i'm not alone in thinking that.
I'm not saying catboy is brilliant but at least he has some form of clue.

chris is fab...pppfffttt fab at what precisely? Eating? cos it sure as shit aint presenting a radio show!

no comment, he is a very good friend of mine :(

Dutchie Aug 7th 2008 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6655645)

Ooops... How do I get the feeling someones in trouble? ;)

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6655650)
Ooops... How do I get the feeling someones in trouble? ;)

Shiva aint in trouble, he is entitled to his own opinion, I am probably biased because Chris and I have been friends for about 8 years now ;)

Dutchie Aug 7th 2008 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6655653)
Shiva aint in trouble, he is entitled to his own opinion, I am probably biased because Chris and I have been friends for about 8 years now ;)

Point taken, withdraw the comment.

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6655645)

he's a good friend of mine too...but i also love his radio show...each to their own though, eh...

MM, xx

shiva Aug 7th 2008 5:56 pm

Dont get me wrong folks, by all accounts he is a nice bloke....I just wish he'd picked a different career ;)

Charismatic Aug 8th 2008 2:36 am

I'm still intrigued by the idea that people could find a petrol pump perplexing :D, surely they deserve more credit?

shiva Aug 8th 2008 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6657577)
I'm still intrigued by the idea that people could find a petrol pump perplexing :D, surely they deserve more credit?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thx for that cheered me up no end that did. your not in the middle east are you?

Robbies Aug 17th 2008 9:37 am

Stumbled accross one of these self service stations on Thursday (Epco on Al Safa Street, near Emirates Bank @ Al Wasl)...

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with filling the car up - in fact, I'd be happy to do so rather than have someone snap my wiper blades off the car while cleaning the windows (another story, so won't go into it...)

But seriously, what a shit system!

Park at pump
Go in to shop and queue
Pay how much you think you need
Fill up
Drive off.

Now, this above seems OK. But, say I have between a quarter and a half tank. How much petrol do I need to fill it? 50dhs worth? 80dhs worth?

So, I pay 50 dhs and end up not filling the tank. I now need to go in and queue again and pay more. How much more???

Or, I pay 80 dhs and only get 60 dhs into the tank. I now need to queue for the 20 dhs refund.

Why not make it the same as the UK? Fill up the tank and go in to pay for what you consumed.

Or, stick to the credit card machine you get in the UK supermarkets where a certain authorisation is taken from the card, and actual amount is charged???

Sack using it with the current process - not being lazy or worrying about being in the heat for 3 minutes. Just that I am not going to queue twice in a shop to fill my tank. This would just give some local the oportunity to jump past me in the queue twice, thus seriously pissing me off - cos they certainly won't queue.

I'd rather head to somewhere that I can simply pay once for a full tank - Emarat on Al Wasl is just round the corner from Epco... Sorted.

Confucius Aug 17th 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Robbies (Post 6687394)

Why not make it the same as the UK? Fill up the tank and go in to pay for what you consumed.

Because people here are thieves until proven otherwise...