British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Petrol Station carnage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/petrol-station-carnage-553545/)

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 6:51 am

Re: Petrol Station carnage

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6654138)
or even simpler...just sit in your car when the nice men fill it up, you give them money, you get change and you drive off....

oh i love those men...they fill my car, wash my screens, check my oil and water...if it wasn't for them, my car would have been buggered up years ago, they can't get rid of them...

MM, xx

jrudofsky Aug 7th 2008 7:16 am

They are trialing it in 10 filling stations....3 in Dubai (don't know where) and the rest in the Northern Emirates.

Charismatic Aug 7th 2008 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6654165)
oh i love those men...they fill my car, wash my screens, check my oil and water...if it wasn't for them, my car would have been buggered up years ago, they can't get rid of them...

MM, xx

What did your last hustband die of?

Seriously most modern cars should be fine as long as you follow the service schedual.

Norm_uk Aug 7th 2008 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Dutchie (Post 6652402)
€ 10.200 is considered normal (all in per year) for a 2 bedroom apartment here. But try filling a hobby on wheels for € 1.62 per liter, that really hurts.

You don't need a hobby on wheels in most of Europe mate...they have excellent public transport in most cities and the climate is great for walking if you live within a mile or two of the office.

N.

Dutchie Aug 7th 2008 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6654573)
You don't need a hobby on wheels in most of Europe mate...they have excellent public transport in most cities and the climate is great for walking if you live within a mile or two of the office.

N.

Correct as for the hobby, just a boys dream come true fore me. Wrong as for the Dutch public transport, but you're a tourist I'll forgive you.

Autonomy Aug 7th 2008 2:15 pm

http://www.catboy.net/audio/pumpthree.mp3

Charismatic Aug 7th 2008 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 6655344)

Warning: I got a virus report from that. Any one else?

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6655412)
Warning: I got a virus report from that. Any one else?

anything to do with catboy is bad for you...

MM, xx

Charismatic Aug 7th 2008 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6655462)
anything to do with catboy is bad for you...

MM, xx

Come again? I must be having a blonde moment. :p

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6654165)

MM, xx

I hope they don't implement this and it is not because I am too lazy to fill my own car up, these poor guys will lose their jobs and they need the money for their families back home :(

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6655520)
Come again? I must be having a blonde moment. :p

makes a change, it's usually me doing the blonde thing...catboy is a dubai 92 dj, and a total tosser...

MM, xx

shiva Aug 7th 2008 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6655549)
makes a change, it's usually me doing the blonde thing...catboy is a dubai 92 dj, and a total tosser...

MM, xx

but a lot better than the other tosser he replaced chrisicantstringasentencetogetherfisher

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 6655558)
but a lot better than the other tosser he replaced chrisicantstringasentencetogetherfisher

you've gotta be kidding...chris is fab...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6655549)

MM, xx

I agree with you there!!! can't stand him or his stupid Geordie wife :(

Chris is excellent!!

shiva Aug 7th 2008 3:55 pm

have you pair lost your senses. Chris Fisher isnt fit to work in hospital radio at a hospital for the deaf. The man is the worst radio dj i have ever heard, and judging by how he is slowly getting worse and worse spots on the air i'm not alone in thinking that.
I'm not saying catboy is brilliant but at least he has some form of clue.

chris is fab...pppfffttt fab at what precisely? Eating? cos it sure as shit aint presenting a radio show!