Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

PC - Sky sports where do you stand

PC - Sky sports where do you stand

Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:34 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC - Sky sports where do you stand

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
Yeah - nobody but you and the implication being quite clear. You are a cliche.
You seem a little paranoid, but feel free to insult me if it makes you feel better about yourself.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:43 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
I had her down as a Dyson type of bint.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

JulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really niceJulesinDXB is just really nice

Originally Posted by glynster
I had her down as a Dyson type of bint.
You're just classy all over aren't you!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Gray should have been sacked a long time ago, simply because he is useless not for the current debacle.
There is merit in the arguement that the women commentators and presenters are there because they are women not for football knowledge but this is SKY and mainly their male equivalents such as Gray and god help me Redknapp (Jamie) are equally as bad.

I know I am somewhat biased but the likes of Giles,Brady and the others on Irish tv are in a different league to SKY
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic of the genre.

The hate is so thick you can taste it.

Pathetic
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:01 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Classic of the genre.

Pathetic
Pretty rich coming from someone who wrote this:

Really - american rig, american workers, american bypass of safety rules. Bunch of c***ts the lot of you. Americans are arseholes, always will be.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic out of context trawl.

This was when then US government deliberately protected their own big business by making misleading statements. As they as a nation always do. Arseholes who make war and justify it with spin.

Very little to do with blokes being blokes.

However, pander to your forum chums in case they find out your are just an ordinary bloke too.

Your are the chump who spins out story after story about what a great laid back expat your are. Your are in UAE mate. Soft post for soft cocks like you.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Classic out of context trawl.

This was when then US government deliberately protected their own big business by making misleading statements. As they as a nation always do. Arseholes who make war and justify it with spin.

Very little to do with blokes being blokes.

However, pander to your forum chums in case they find out your are just an ordinary bloke too.

Your are the chump who spins out story after story about what a great laid back expat your are. Your are in UAE mate. Soft post for soft cocks like you.
Post of the week...!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Living down to your username, I see.

The comments of Gray and Keys comments were without any humour and are simply not acceptable these days. There is no reason at all why a woman cannot make a good linesman. In this case she is properly qualified, experienced and proved that she can make the right call.

Such sexist nonsense is out of date. The term Politically Correct has been largely hijacked by those wanting to spout sexist or racist drivel, having forgotten that there are very good reasons why it is wrong to insult other people based on their gender, race, religion of colour. It is nothing to do with humour or lack therof.

As for Sky's reaction, it will simple pander to old-school chauvinists who will whine about political correctness whilst getting the context all wrong. I always thought Andy Gray was a bit of a twat anyway.
I think Andy Gray and Richard Keys should both be sacked after their ignorant, sexist comments on Sky sprts about that female linesman. Sky Sports should set an example and give their jobs to female presenters. Preferably ones with really big tits.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Classic of the genre.

Pathetic
I think your schooling may have damaged your psyche. Was your Matron particularly fierce?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Its all very depressing. The latest nonsense about the sky sports guys. A few blokes being blokes - or so I thought. Now i find that my view of it classes me in the red neck brigade.

I just do not see what the fuss is about. Then again, I'm privately educated, did not qualify for a grant at uni and work in a male dominated industry where women make the tea or work in HR. Probably not welcome in the UK then.
His comments were stupid, and barely above lads banter. Alas, he appeared to mean it, which tells us something about him. Of itself, his comments might well be a sacking offence - on pure business grounds. If we assume SKY want to increase their female football watching audience, they have to go hard on any sexism. I actually understand that, no matter my thoughts on SKY. This, theoretically, goes for both on and off mic comments.

However.

We have a problem. He was shafted. Sure, by himself - but not only by himself. His comments were obviously leaked by someone at SKY. SKY have also been airing his televised comments - where we must assume he thought the cameras were off. So, an insider in one of NI's biggest cash cows has, quite cynically, got Andy Gray in trouble. I won't insult anyone's intelligence, let's face it corporate politics can be a nasty business, and this kind of stuff goes on, we all know it. But the timing is very interesting indeed. Do I know it's related? Course not. Do I think Andy Gray has got on the wrong side of people at NI? Yup. It smells a bit odd to say the least.

And I think you can say that, and also say 'what a ****ing stupid thing to say', by the way.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

they're both arseholes

Sandboy, Sky News, Dubai
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:05 pm