British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   PC - Sky sports where do you stand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/pc-sky-sports-where-do-you-stand-702417/)

captaincaveman Jan 26th 2011 1:44 pm

PC - Sky sports where do you stand

Its all very depressing. The latest nonsense about the sky sports guys. A few blokes being blokes - or so I thought. Now i find that my view of it classes me in the red neck brigade.

I just do not see what the fuss is about. Then again, I'm privately educated, did not qualify for a grant at uni and work in a male dominated industry where women make the tea or work in HR. Probably not welcome in the UK then.

Meow Jan 26th 2011 2:04 pm

Re: PC - Sky sports where do you stand

Living down to your username, I see.

The comments of Gray and Keys comments were without any humour and are simply not acceptable these days. There is no reason at all why a woman cannot make a good linesman. In this case she is properly qualified, experienced and proved that she can make the right call.

Such sexist nonsense is out of date. The term Politically Correct has been largely hijacked by those wanting to spout sexist or racist drivel, having forgotten that there are very good reasons why it is wrong to insult other people based on their gender, race, religion of colour. It is nothing to do with humour or lack therof.

As for Sky's reaction, it will simple pander to old-school chauvinists who will whine about political correctness whilst getting the context all wrong. I always thought Andy Gray was a bit of a twat anyway.

captaincaveman Jan 26th 2011 2:11 pm

Good one.

You are joking right?

Here's another one to set you off. Being gay is not normal !

Blue Cat Jan 26th 2011 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 9130221)
Good one.

You are joking right?

Here's another one to set you off. Being gay is not normal !

tosser

as for the sexist comments I think they have been blown out of all proportion, men will be men etc, I don't for one minute think the thought they were being filmed. BUT Meow has a point :)

Meow Jan 26th 2011 2:14 pm

Of course I'm not joking. You might like to try living in the 21st century. Overt sexism is not just funny or acceptable and those two were not joking or humorous in the slightest, which may have made their comments slightly less offensive.

My only change to my previous post is to call Andy Gray a vastly overpaid twat. His salary was ludicrous.

glynster Jan 26th 2011 2:17 pm

I think the pair of sexist pigs are a disgrace. As a football fan for many years I have had my doubts about the pair of them.

Talking of pairs I do hope they are replaced by a pretty blonde, ideally dumb with huge knackers.:thumbsup:

captaincaveman Jan 26th 2011 2:18 pm

Typical.

As i said, I find myself classed in the red neck brigade.

Did not mention religion or racism or indeed that gays should be persecuted, but hey, no worries. Carry on.

Meow Jan 26th 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by glynster (Post 9130239)
I think the pair of sexist pigs are a disgrace. As a football fan for many years I have had my doubts about the pair of them.

Talking of pairs I do hope they are replaced by a pretty blonde, ideally dumb with huge knackers.:thumbsup:

I think you'll find that Gabby Logan has been doing a good job for some time.

Actually isn't knackers a slang term for testicles? Did you get that quite right Gynster? :lol:

JulesinDXB Jan 26th 2011 2:22 pm

Fottball is a gay gamke anyway. A bunch of pretty boys kicking a ball around a pitch, the putting on oscar winning performances anytime another player comes anywhere near them!

Give me rugby or Aussie rules football any day - now they are REAL mens sports!

Meow Jan 26th 2011 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 9130241)
Typical.

As i said, I find myself classed in the red neck brigade.

Did not mention religion or racism or indeed that gays should be persecuted, but hey, no worries. Carry on.

Have you actually read the posts in this thread?

No one said redneck, nor did anyone start talking about religion or race.

If you can't follow a discussion, perhaps it's best not to start one, eh?

glynster Jan 26th 2011 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9130244)
I think you'll find that Gabby Logan has been doing a good job for some time.

Actually isn't knackers a slang term for testicles? Did you get that quite right Gynster? :lol:

Aye but Gabby is not dumb :unsure:

If knackers is not suitable how about chocolubies?

Gynster!?!!?!? ffs I look nothing like a pie?

Meow Jan 26th 2011 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by glynster (Post 9130257)
Aye but Gabby is not dumb :unsure:

If knackers is not suitable how about chocolubies?

Gynster!?!!?!? ffs I look nothing like a pie?

Oh I don't know. I've met you... ;)

I'm a rubbish typist and my (male) secretary has left for the day...

captaincaveman Jan 26th 2011 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9130209)
Living down to your username, I see.

The comments of Gray and Keys comments were without any humour and are simply not acceptable these days. There is no reason at all why a woman cannot make a good linesman. In this case she is properly qualified, experienced and proved that she can make the right call.

Such sexist nonsense is out of date. The term Politically Correct has been largely hijacked by those wanting to spout sexist or racist drivel, having forgotten that there are very good reasons why it is wrong to insult other people based on their gender, race, religion of colour. It is nothing to do with humour or lack therof.

As for Sky's reaction, it will simple pander to old-school chauvinists who will whine about political correctness whilst getting the context all wrong. I always thought Andy Gray was a bit of a twat anyway.

Yeah - nobody but you and the implication being quite clear. You are a cliche.

glynster Jan 26th 2011 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9130261)
Oh I don't know. I've met you... ;)

I'm a rubbish typist and my (male) secretary has left for the day...

Cherry pie perhaps? :rofl:

Max the Dog Jan 26th 2011 2:30 pm

http://i52.tinypic.com/wix0l2.jpg

:eek: