Passport question

Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport question

Originally Posted by BinCat
What's the ''new smart e-passport'' pls?
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...h-uae-e-portal
Old Mar 11th 2014, 3:44 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BinCat
What's the ''new smart e-passport'' pls?
You can register for Smart Gate when returning through Dubai, takes a few minutes and works fairly well.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 6:18 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
I'm waiting for my new passport to come back (nearly 4 weeks now).
Arrived at main office yesterday Waiting for the old one now.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
You can register for Smart Gate when returning through Dubai, takes a few minutes and works fairly well.
Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Greenways is an unknown quantity at this point

I stapled them together as I have a habit of putting stuff in a 'safe place' never to be seen again, and it seemed safer to just carry them.

Both go to the ksa visa place for the new visa. Occasionally at the checkin desks in ksa they have looked for the Dubai residence visa (even though not really required).

I haven't used the smart passport service yet, although at terminal 3 I think the egate and the smart terminals are the same?

I keep a paper clip at the current visa for the ksa immigration, it seems to help them find it!!!

10 months into the new passport and I'm down to 8 untouched pages and none of them are double, so I will need a new passport before the next Saudi visa.... luckily (or unluckily) I got a 180 day one last time...
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenways
I stapled them together as I have a habit of putting stuff in a 'safe place' never to be seen again, and it seemed safer to just carry them.

Both go to the ksa visa place for the new visa. Occasionally at the checkin desks in ksa they have looked for the Dubai residence visa (even though not really required).

I haven't used the smart passport service yet, although at terminal 3 I think the egate and the smart terminals are the same?

I keep a paper clip at the current visa for the ksa immigration, it seems to help them find it!!!

10 months into the new passport and I'm down to 8 untouched pages and none of them are double, so I will need a new passport before the next Saudi visa.... luckily (or unluckily) I got a 180 day one last time...
egate is different to epassport, egate you have a card and you do fingerprint with epassport you just put your passport in and then look at the screen for iris scan.