Passport

Old Sep 9th 2015, 8:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Passport

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Isn't it something like 5000 airmiles for silver?
Emirates NBD give you Silver permanently with one of their credit cards I think.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 8:51 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Emirates NBD give you Silver permanently with one of their credit cards I think.
You are right Scamp, but with the new Platinum level, Silver is basically the new Blue :P Virtually zero status
Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
You are right Scamp, but with the new Platinum level, Silver is basically the new Blue :P Virtually zero status
Well my citi bank does very little for me and the golf is impossible to book so might close it and change to NBD just so I'm silver. Those carpets at heathrow make it worth it
Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:56 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
25000 Tier miles I believe.
25000 tier miles to achieve silver, 50,000 for gold.

It was free with my gold Skywards to get egate onto the Skywards card, but it used to be 5000 tier miles to have egate added if you were silver Skywards.

ENBD Infinite card does get you a silver Skywards card, but as already mentioned the Silver is the new blue, very few benefits (and no lounge access at airports other than Dubai).
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Well my citi bank does very little for me and the golf is impossible to book so might close it and change to NBD just so I'm silver. Those carpets at heathrow make it worth it
I've never tried to book the free golf. What's the issue?

Do you use the free fatness first access?
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
25000 tier miles to achieve silver, 50,000 for gold.

It was free with my gold Skywards to get egate onto the Skywards card, but it used to be 5000 tier miles to have egate added if you were silver Skywards.

ENBD Infinite card does get you a silver Skywards card, but as already mentioned the Silver is the new blue, very few benefits (and no lounge access at airports other than Dubai).
I'm gold with Etihad, and unless I'm on a business ticket, I have to use a lounge in a different terminal (quite a hike), think they may have oversubscribed the gold etihad guest system.. It's still OK at overseas airports. I guess they will devalue their tier system shortly aswell.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I've never tried to book the free golf. What's the issue?

Do you use the free fatness first access?
You have to book online and pick several date options and course options. THey then 'get back to you' within 3 days and invariably it's a 'NO'. Used to have a phone number to book but it's since stopped working.

They only have a very few 4 ball slots and mostly 2 balls. They only get a couple a weekend for each course MAX and they go quickly. Can only book a certain number of days in advance and need to be very quick to get one.

Recently managed it, but I think because it was summer and not as busy, in winter it's a non starter. I've had the card a few years now and have tried probably a dozen times and managed to have one free round. It's just horseshit.