British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/passport-858594/)

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2015 8:46 am

Passport

Afternoon all,

Just a quick one, well, two.

Firstly - just got my old and new passports back. It's taken 2 weeks and a day since I gave them to Aramex. Fantastic given the quoted timescale was 'minimum four weeks'.

Secondly - my visa doesn't need renewing until October. I'm going away twice before then. Do I just take both passports when I want out and in of Dubai?

Shit, there's a third; I need to renew my e-gate. Is this impossible with an old passport + visa not in the new one yet?

Thanks
Scampsgoingonholiday

Brains1983 May 21st 2015 9:25 am

Re: Passport

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11652168)
Afternoon all,

Secondly - my visa doesn't need renewing until October. I'm going away twice before then. Do I just take both passports when I want out and in of Dubai?

yes to this one. No problem.

Dunno about the e-gate, I'm normally travelling with the kids so it's not worth it for me.

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11652183)
yes to this one. No problem.

Dunno about the e-gate, I'm normally travelling with the kids so it's not worth it for me.

Thanks pal.

Will pop down to Dnata and see what they say, it needs renewing anyway so might just have to wait until new visa in new passport.

Kids through e-gate shouldn't be an issue given the idiot level of some people trying to use it...

Millhouse May 21st 2015 10:45 am

you can get the egate with the passport/visa combo you have described. I have the same (and just renewed egate).

scrubbedexpat141 May 21st 2015 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11652216)
you can get the egate with the passport/visa combo you have described. I have the same (and just renewed egate).

Awesome. Thanks mate.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 7th 2015 8:24 am

Potentially silly question, but I'm going to Berlin in a few weeks and wanted to know if my E-Gate card will work in Abu Dhabi airport or if it's just a Dubai thing?

Dubaiexile Sep 7th 2015 1:15 pm

The eGate Card, issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai (DNRD), in association with the Department of Civil Aviation, allows passengers quicker access through the immigration process at Dubai Airport, Abu Dhabi Airport and Al Ain Airport. More UAE airports will be added later.

Source:http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGu...orm.aspx?ID=40

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 7th 2015 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile (Post 11742488)
The eGate Card, issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai (DNRD), in association with the Department of Civil Aviation, allows passengers quicker access through the immigration process at Dubai Airport, Abu Dhabi Airport and Al Ain Airport. More UAE airports will be added later.

Source:http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGu...orm.aspx?ID=40

Thank you very much sir.

Dubaiexile Sep 7th 2015 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11742495)
Thank you very much sir.

I would check though, as you know how the rules change here!!

Bahtatboy Sep 7th 2015 4:40 pm

Some great beer/jazz bars, if you didn't know already.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 8th 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11742608)
Some great beer/jazz bars, if you didn't know already.

Thanks. We are only there two nights so first night is planned at a prohibition era themed cocktail bar which sounds and looks quality.

I was concerned it was a bit flaky but speaking to the two best men it's thoroughly well researched so I'm looking forward to it a lot more now!

TheShed Sep 8th 2015 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11652216)

Also don't forget that if you have a Skywards Silver or above, adding eGate to that card is totally FREE :-)

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 8th 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 11743125)
Also don't forget that if you have a Skywards Silver or above, adding eGate to that card is totally FREE :-)

The Mrs managed to get it put on her blue card for free (maybe because it was a renewal)

NorthernLad Sep 9th 2015 5:40 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 11743125)

Isn't it something like 5000 airmiles for silver?

TheShed Sep 9th 2015 7:45 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11743804)
Isn't it something like 5000 airmiles for silver?

25000 Tier miles I believe.