Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Panorama last night............

Panorama last night............

Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Panorama last night............

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I reckon being a professional lady-who-lunches might turn out to be her dream career, my encumbered muchacho....
luckily not SYB, she was bored stuck at home when we moved here. she'll enjoy it for a month or two and then will be itching to get back to work
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
luckily not SYB, she was bored stuck at home when we moved here. she'll enjoy it for a month or two and then will be itching to get back to work
Damn, some guys get all the luck.... In my experience women have always been a drain on ones finances, ones time.... and ones patience.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, some guys get all the luck.... In my experience women have always been a drain on ones finances, ones time.... and ones patience.
well this trip home for her is draining our finances but its a one off and necessary.
Maybe you just attract women who think you look like money! maybe the renault twingo company car does it
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

well this trip home for her is draining our finances but its a one off and necessary.
Maybe you just attract women who think you look like money! maybe the renault twingo company car does it
Ah, hope all is OK with her & her family..... Have you been there yourself yet to meet the Fockers?????

I seem to attract women who think I look like a shrink.... If they ain't a neurotic mess when they come, they sure as shit will be by the time they leave.....
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, hope all is OK with her & her family..... Have you been there yourself yet to meet the Fockers?????

I seem to attract women who think I look like a shrink.... If they ain't a neurotic mess when they come, they sure as shit will be by the time they leave.....
yes everything is ok but she's going to be happy to get on the plane out of there. havnt been there yet but did have in-laws here for christmas.

had fun with Borat Air the other day. they cancelled her internal flight and called me to tell me they would put her on the flight the next day. when I asked about her onward flight to bangkok they said that would remain as booked. i.e about 12 hours before her internal flight arrived. Muppets. They then refusd to put her on the next flight 2 days later because her fare class was not available! After 36 hours of fighting with them I called their Singapore agents who finally sorted it out for me!

she should have arrived back here yesterday but with the two extensions she will now only be back on 24th. this of course delays our trip back to blighty. probably now at the very end of May ( as long as she gets a visa)
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes everything is ok but she's going to be happy to get on the plane out of there. havnt been there yet but did have in-laws here for christmas.

had fun with Borat Air the other day. they cancelled her internal flight and called me to tell me they would put her on the flight the next day. when I asked about her onward flight to bangkok they said that would remain as booked. i.e about 12 hours before her internal flight arrived. Muppets. They then refusd to put her on the next flight 2 days later because her fare class was not available! After 36 hours of fighting with them I called their Singapore agents who finally sorted it out for me!

she should have arrived back here yesterday but with the two extensions she will now only be back on 24th. this of course delays our trip back to blighty. probably now at the very end of May ( as long as she gets a visa)
Surely with a Brit husband (of the Oswald Mosely variety at that) the nice people at HM Govt will grant her a visa??? Hell, she should be entitled to a passport, surely???
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surely with a Brit husband (of the Oswald Mosely variety at that) the nice people at HM Govt will grant her a visa??? Hell, she should be entitled to a passport, surely???
one would hope the visa should be ok.
Passport - no way. we'd have to live there for 4 years for her to get one.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

one would hope the visa should be ok.
Passport - no way. we'd have to live there for 4 years for her to get one.
Damn pen-pushing fascistocrats....

Make sure you look me up when you're over here!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Damn pen-pushing fascistocrats....

Make sure you look me up when you're over here!
will do. we won't be far from there anyway (Reading) for part of the time.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

will do. we won't be far from there anyway (Reading) for part of the time.
Hey, cool. 1/2 an hr up the A34. I'll PM you my mobile number (if I haven't already, I forget. Part of the getting old thing)....
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched Panorama, hard hitting stuff and sadly all true. Arabtec got a good bashing, let's hope people do actually stand up and do something about this. The money that Helping Hands raises goes nowhere, can you imagine trying to feed all the men on these camps by donations alone? it just isn't enough
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:57 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I just watched Panorama, hard hitting stuff and sadly all true. Arabtec got a good bashing, let's hope people do actually stand up and do something about this. The money that Helping Hands raises goes nowhere, can you imagine trying to feed all the men on these camps by donations alone? it just isn't enough
(displaying my ignorance here, but...) what level of assistance do the embassies of the home countries give these guys? will they issue temporary/emergency paperwork to assist them in leaving? is it a matter of the workers not being able to navigate the paperwork (high chance of them being illiterate in their own language)? or is it a matter of their home government not giving a turd about them?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
(displaying my ignorance here, but...) what level of assistance do the embassies of the home countries give these guys? will they issue temporary/emergency paperwork to assist them in leaving? is it a matter of the workers not being able to navigate the paperwork (high chance of them being illiterate in their own language)? or is it a matter of their home government not giving a turd about them?
Embassies will help with stuff like visa's etc if they can, the main problem is that the men are trapped here because they owe Agencies in their home countries for getting them the jobs in the first place. They have to work three years to pay that debt off. It is truly disgusting. The suicide rate at these camps is alarming.