Overstaying your visa

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overstaying your visa

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Good luck, Spugsy.

When it comes to a fair legal system, you suddenly realize how much more civilized the UK is....

Got any Wasta?
nope but got a local female lawyer who seems to know her stuff.

Should be getting passport back tomorrow for a few days to do a visa run.

anyone know if when you get towards Oman and you get an exit stamp I will pay my overstay fines there?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
nope but got a local female lawyer who seems to know her stuff.

Should be getting passport back tomorrow for a few days to do a visa run.

anyone know if when you get towards Oman and you get an exit stamp I will pay my overstay fines there?
The advice I had was to pop down to immigration and sort out the overstay fines before making the visa run - makes things a lot easier on the day and less stressful. This was for AD though.

Wish you the best of luck with your case mate, it can't be nice having that hanging over everyone. Do you know any Emiratis that will give you a reference for the courts?

On the bright side, once you get it cleared up imagine the relief and the massive party you're going to have. This time though, maybe you should just smash up a Fiat Panda or Nissan Tilda instead - something small, relatively inoffensive and with no symbolic merit.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 7:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
The advice I had was to pop down to immigration and sort out the overstay fines before making the visa run - makes things a lot easier on the day and less stressful. This was for AD though.

Wish you the best of luck with your case mate, it can't be nice having that hanging over everyone. Do you know any Emiratis that will give you a reference for the courts?

On the bright side, once you get it cleared up imagine the relief and the massive party you're going to have. This time though, maybe you should just smash up a Fiat Panda or Nissan Tilda instead - something small, relatively inoffensive and with no symbolic merit.
Got passportback today,need to give it back on Sunday so my mate can get his as he is flying home in 10 days.

Immigration, yeah thats not a bad idea - any idea where it is in DXB?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Got passportback today,need to give it back on Sunday so my mate can get his as he is flying home in 10 days.

Immigration, yeah thats not a bad idea - any idea where it is in DXB?
next to Bur Dubai Police Station, you can walk it from your office
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
next to Bur Dubai Police Station, you can walk it from your office
yup spoke to immigration, when I do my visa run I have to pay the overstay fine, 200 ding dongs for the first day and then 100 for every day - so will cost me AED 1,500 plus the AED 200 for the visa stamp AND my missus who is taking me has to get hers stamped so will pay for hers.

Gah.

Still at least I'll be legal then.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yup spoke to immigration, when I do my visa run I have to pay the overstay fine, 200 ding dongs for the first day and then 100 for every day - so will cost me AED 1,500 plus the AED 200 for the visa stamp AND my missus who is taking me has to get hers stamped so will pay for hers.

Gah.

Still at least I'll be legal then.
better to be legal under the circumstances, no date yet?
Old Nov 27th 2010, 2:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

better to be legal under the circumstances, no date yet?
so get passport back, went on visa run - and they wouldn;t let me out of the country to get a stamp until my case is finished.

So that means the overstay fines are mounting, could literally be 5k or so if this carries on.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:30 am
Concierge

so get passport back, went on visa run - and they wouldn;t let me out of the country to get a stamp until my case is finished.

So that means the overstay fines are mounting, could literally be 5k or so if this carries on.
no way! that is absolutely mental! I know you can barter immigration fines down with the Immigration Office
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:43 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be a horse's ass but did you honestly expect them to let you out of the country? This is a Police state you are dealing with.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

better buy Herve's book Spugsy...
Old Nov 28th 2010, 11:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry to be a horse's ass but did you honestly expect them to let you out of the country? This is a Police state you are dealing with.
so why did they give him the passport then?
Old Nov 28th 2010, 12:56 pm
why ayeeeee man!

so why did they give him the passport then?
Forget it, this thread is boring even me now. Got the lawyer to get the prosecutor to get my case moved further to the front of the queue.

Will give you the final verdict when it happens.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Forget it, this thread is boring even me now. Got the lawyer to get the prosecutor to get my case moved further to the front of the queue.

Will give you the final verdict when it happens.
let me know the date by DM, thanks x
Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:42 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
you really can be a tool sometimes - what on earth can you possibly know about what the lads parents think ?

Spug's dad was the British Ambassador in Bahrain for 7 years, he knows a thing or 2 about respecting Arabs

presumptious twat

I always thought the pater of Spugs was Rick Stein.
Same hairline,same love of cooking,same Antipodean nirvana
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:47 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Eva
I always thought the pater of Spugs was Rick Stein.
Same hairline,same love of cooking,same Antipodean nirvana
heh I love him. When we came back from Oz once we sat next to his daughters best mate and she said he\s always shagging around and he's a bell-end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.