British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Overrated shouty singer dead at 48 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/overrated-shouty-singer-dead-48-a-748201/)

Brains1983 Feb 12th 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Overrated shouty singer dead at 48

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9897746)
Yeah , Kevin Costner has one night off and look what happens ....;)

follow up movie could be called "Bodybag"...

The Dean Feb 12th 2012 5:06 pm

Oh all right.............. in my view, her best-ever moment. Still relatively unknown, she duetted with the legend that was Teddy Pendergrass (who helped her - a lot - in her early days) on this. Sadly, I can't find a live video (I know they performed live together several times).

Spugsy Feb 12th 2012 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9897469)
I respect your opinion but i don't buy your argument as i do not see her life as a tragedy . The tragedy is that she chose the pipe over her kid and her will to live , just like any other crack head .

I'll save my sympathy for those who deserve it . Addiction is not a disease , the phrase makes the addict feel better about the bucket of shit he or she is currently sitting in .

so do we actually know what she died of or are we speculating as usual?

Patsy Stoned Feb 12th 2012 7:13 pm

The Dean Feb 12th 2012 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 9898269)

Hmmmm............ those fountains almost sound like they're... er... shouting....

The Dean Feb 12th 2012 7:48 pm

......... and here's a helpful, relevant and well-timed intervention from Tony Bennett............

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/tony-be...121201309.html

:ohmy:

littlejimmy Feb 13th 2012 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9898131)

Well that's it in a nutshell. But at least it gives people the chance chance to tell us how perfect they and share their wisdom about (not to say judge) other people's lives...even if most of it is just idle supposition. I love the internet, me.

Blue Cat Feb 13th 2012 3:24 am

speculating on a long documented history of drug and alcohol abuse, sad either way, but I was never a huge fan. The outpouring of grief on twitter is pathetic, it made me log off for the majority of the day. Comments like a massive loss to the music industry? really? she hadn't recorded anything since 1997 and the last time I saw her live she was either stoned/pissed and couldn't remember her words.

Millhouse Feb 13th 2012 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9898837)
speculating on a long documented history of drug and alcohol abuse, sad either way, but I was never a huge fan. The outpouring of grief on twitter is pathetic, it made me log off for the majority of the day. Comments like a massive loss to the music industry? really? she hadn't recorded anything since 1997 and the last time I saw her live she was either stoned/pissed and couldn't remember her words.

When you logged off twitter for the day were there out crys of 'a massive loss to the social media industry' ??? :rofl:

co durham boy Feb 13th 2012 3:37 am

Of course we're specualting mate , i'm going for a coronary seizure brought on by a massive dose of cocaine over a short period of time with a large volume of alcohol , plus maybe a downer such as Diazapam or Qualuude which would have stopped her ticker .

I could be wrong though .

Millhouse Feb 13th 2012 3:42 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9898847)
Of course we're specualting mate , i'm going for a coronary seizure brought on by a massive dose of cocaine over a short period of time with a large volume of alcohol , plus maybe a downer such as Diazapam or Qualuude which would have stopped her ticker .

I could be wrong though .

She was found in the bath. Not sure if this extra info alters your speculation

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 13th 2012 3:50 am

1 Attachment(s)
Radio said this morning she was found with fluid in her lungs, under the water level of a bath, BUT they won't say more until results of a toxicology report in weeks to come.

Anyway, as was suspected re; a film title change.......

co durham boy Feb 13th 2012 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9898853)
She was found in the bath. Not sure if this extra info alters your speculation

Yeah it does , i'll go for Temazipam instead , it's a bit stronger .

co durham boy Feb 13th 2012 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9898860)
Radio said this morning she was found with fluid in her lungs, under the water level of a bath, BUT they won't say more until results of a toxicology report in weeks to come.

Anyway, as was suspected re; a film title change.......

I've got better ones but i'll not post them , i'll be demonised by the sandal wearing tofu eaters ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 13th 2012 4:03 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9898867)
I've got better ones but i'll not post them , i'll be demonised by the sandal wearing tofu eaters ;)

Ah **** it.

Post away.

General consensus on here is that if you have a talent, whether great or mediocre and chuck it away by abusing yourself over years and years then it's your fault.