Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

OSN - The Premier League

OSN - The Premier League

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OSN - The Premier League

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Spugsy - any ideas

I am still confused!!!!

I receive OSN through a satellite so does that mean i have to buy another decoder & another satellite ? I understand from OSN that an admc sport card will not work in my showbox. Any ideas.....
sorry I'm on du and all sorted.
check this out though:

http://admcsport.com/en/satellite.php
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Spugsy - any ideas

I am still confused!!!!

I receive OSN through a satellite so does that mean i have to buy another decoder & another satellite ? I understand from OSN that an admc sport card will not work in my showbox. Any ideas.....
my old showtime card works in the new admc decoder, I don't know if it'll work the other way round. The fella who rang me from admc last night asked if I was using a 2nd card and sounded surprised when I said it was working fine
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:04 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
my old showtime card works in the new admc decoder, I don't know if it'll work the other way round. The fella who rang me from admc last night asked if I was using a 2nd card and sounded surprised when I said it was working fine
The OSN cards are tied to the crappy box they give you (in the same way as how Sky operate) so you should not be able to use it in the ADMC box. I think the clue as to why it works for Sandboy is in the statement 'my old showtime card', in other words if you haven't had your old card replaced with a new OSN card it may work.

I've got OSN at home as well, and I just can't bring myself to getting a second satellite box. I'm considering ditching everything for a dreambox. The muppets think they're clever by not cooperating and selling their content to each other, but they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

It's kind of similar to how some stupid mobile operators back in the day tried to only let you call people on the same network, or at the very least charge you an extortionate rate to call x-network....
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
The OSN cards are tied to the crappy box they give you (in the same way as how Sky operate) so you should not be able to use it in the ADMC box. I think the clue as to why it works for Sandboy is in the statement 'my old showtime card', in other words if you haven't had your old card replaced with a new OSN card it may work.
might be right - the card is 3 years old, I've never had a showtime decoder
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk

I've got OSN at home as well, and I just can't bring myself to getting a second satellite box. I'm considering ditching everything for a dreambox. The muppets think they're clever by not cooperating and selling their content to each other, but they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

It's kind of similar to how some stupid mobile operators back in the day tried to only let you call people on the same network, or at the very least charge you an extortionate rate to call x-network....
Getting very confused. The new OSN HD box, which they are currently providing free of charge for existing OSN subscribers, has two slots to enable the ADMC smart card to also work in conjunction with OSN...or so I understand. Are you now telling me that the ADMC smart card won't work with this new box?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:06 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Getting very confused. The new OSN HD box, which they are currently providing free of charge for existing OSN subscribers, has two slots to enable the ADMC smart card to also work in conjunction with OSN...or so I understand. Are you now telling me that the ADMC smart card won't work with this new box?
No. What I'm saying is that you cannot use the OSN cards in other boxes than the one OSN have provided you.

In theory you should be able to use the second slot in the OSN HD box to support a ADMC card (or do they have a chip in which case you need an adapter), but you can only do this if it is supported by ADMC (ie if they don't link their cards to the box). Only ADMC or a hands on experiment can tell you if this will work I'm afraid...
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I dont think it will work in the new OSN box.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:36 am
Account Closed

I dont think it will work in the new OSN box.
So no point paying Dhs370 for the bloody ADMC smart card then? Will just watch the games down the pub, subject to Ramadan restrictions.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

So no point paying Dhs370 for the bloody ADMC smart card then? Will just watch the games down the pub, subject to Ramadan restrictions.
Im going to pay 999dhs & get a dish installed
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Got this reply from somebody in the industry...

Dubai - definitely no problem with the signal for you then
In theory the ADMC could work in the OSN HD box.
To be honest AD have been giving out all sorts of information and keep changing their statements.
Initially the cards were to be SIM style and siliconed to the mainboard and therefore technically embedded into the receiver leaving two card slots free for other cards like Al Jazeera etc.
When stock actually arrived the smartcards are just normal style and need putting into the cardslot as usual.
We have a list of which box is allocated to which smartcard and have been told not to separate them as they are paired to that box.
Whether that is true or not we dont know yet.
We were also told that smartcard only option will be available in September but they would only work in a Humax HD.
We think this is all a bit of a ploy just to sell receivers and they will probably work in any Irdeto HD receiver even if you have to ring up and give them the box details so they can pair it up.
Anyway you will be far better off buying locally than from us. It is reported that shops like Carrefour should be selling them.............
I would appreciate any info you can actually give me from a locals point of view. If they are on sale in the shops please could you let me know which shops and the prices etc. Also if you do manage to pick up a card only and it works in you OSN please let me know if you get time.
Cheers,
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:15 am
Just Joined

slangman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Alreet?

Well I am 37 so you're younger than me! We play u at Al Barsha 5 mins behind Mall of Emirates at 5.30 on a Friday afternoon, we play with some locals and amongst outselves and its a good run out, just bring lots of water.

And aye, we'll probably be back at the locker Room, also at al barsha, for the first game then see how it goes.

I'll PM you.

Alright mate - sorry I didn't know what 'PM' was..... I then got a private message but I can't open them as I've had less than 3 posts!!! Great....... not sure how to overcome this, and whether it's not the best move putting your e-mail adress on these sites?????
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Yes, as far as I know the new OSN HD decoder will not allow you to use any other card, eg ADMC. That's why the OSN guys are so keen to give it out for free - they were half-way through installing mine last month, but I didn't like the fact that I can't use any other card or change the channel numbers etc - its all pre-programmed on the new OSN HD decoder, very Soviet. They tell you what you can or can't watch, what cards you can use and can't use and what's important!

Anyway so I just use my own decoder - as far as I know, the AED 370 ADMC card does NOT work on that. Need to buy a new ADMC decoder with card for AED 999.

Or jack it all in for e-vision / du!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shehryar
- as far as I know, the AED 370 ADMC card does NOT work on that. Need to buy a new ADMC decoder with card for AED 999.
At least my wife and daughter will be happy coz I'm certainly not paying AED999 for just a few hours of footy a week and then presumably have to switch the sockets/cables around to watch OSN movies and the like when the footy is not on. Will go to Dubliners instead.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

It all kicks off today, i think come the end of the season the top 4 positions will be like this:

1) Chelsea
2) Man Utd
3) Man City
4) Arsenal

and the bottom three will be:

18) West Brom
19) Wigan
20) Blackpool
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Will go to Dubliners instead.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked it's up and running?

I just looked into Jebel Ali Club to see if the 3.45 game is on and it seems not showing football today as they have had difficulty in getting what I suppose is called a "public viewing" price from new broadcasters.

Will be interesting to see if other pubs etc are in the same boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.