British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   OSN - The Premier League (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/osn-premier-league-667371/)

pauldxb May 8th 2010 12:22 pm

OSN - The Premier League

I heard that OSN could not come to an agreement with AD over viewing rights ! Oh dear... OSN are going to lose clients, any idea who will be showing the premier league next season & on what platform ?

co durham boy May 8th 2010 2:06 pm

Re: OSN - The Premier League

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8551449)
I heard that OSN could not come to an agreement with AD over viewing rights ! Oh dear... OSN are going to lose clients, any idea who will be showing the premier league next season & on what platform ?

The format is going to be released in about a months time , that's what the A.D website says.

Whatever it is your sure to get thumped for another subscription that's for certain.
I'm surprised that they can't come to an agreement as OSN is a fairly decent show for the football and you're right they will loose a lot of subscriptions.

I've just bought an over the counter Al Jazzera card for the world cup 500 riyals , slot in the box and away you go , fairly decent value for a months non-stop football.

pauldxb May 8th 2010 2:46 pm

Whats 500 riyals in AED ? Do you know if you can buy that card in Dubai ?

NorthernLad May 8th 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8551613)

I called Du up to activate Al Jazeera Sports. 25dh a month. The rugby coverage is fat better than Showtime.

benzonar May 8th 2010 4:05 pm

ADM are the official dealers in the UAE for Al Jazeera Sports cards.

http://www.adm.ae/

02 643 3033

Website looks a bit crap but call them and they should be able to sort you out.

As to who will be showing the EPL next season, ADMC have signed a deal with DU apparently to distribute it via IPTV

http://www.admedia.ae/en/currentnewsdetails.php?id=137

pauldxb May 8th 2010 7:33 pm

my internet is with Etisalat not Du ?! Can OSN activate Al Jazeera sports ?

Brains1983 May 8th 2010 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 8551965)
my internet is with Etisalat not Du ?! Can OSN activate Al Jazeera sports ?

I'm with Etishite aswell, when it was installed, the "technician" told me that I couldn't get AJ sports from them or OSN direct, and instead I would need to get a "CAM" and put a new card in the slot. if anyone knows what that means, please elaborate....

slightly related note, can you get a sat receiver from/through OSN/Etisalat that is like the Sky+ boxes back home? I really ****ing miss scheduling TV for evenings and the weekend...

rowell May 9th 2010 3:51 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8551624)
I called Du up to activate Al Jazeera Sports. 25dh a month. The rugby coverage is fat better than Showtime.

Is commentary in English as I believe its Al Jazeera the world cup is to be shown on?

NorthernLad May 9th 2010 4:39 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8552519)
Is commentary in English as I believe its Al Jazeera the world cup is to be shown on?

For the Six Nations it was English, half time had Richard Hill in the studio (as opposed to Showtime have nowt).

TheShed May 9th 2010 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 8552033)
I'm with Etishite aswell, when it was installed, the "technician" told me that I couldn't get AJ sports from them or OSN direct, and instead I would need to get a "CAM" and put a new card in the slot. if anyone knows what that means, please elaborate....

slightly related note, can you get a sat receiver from/through OSN/Etisalat that is like the Sky+ boxes back home? I really ****ing miss scheduling TV for evenings and the weekend...

I have an eVision HD box which gives me access to all of OSN andAl Jazeera Sports (10+ channels last time I looked). The box also allows recording and rewind of live TV etc. Its not cheap but if you like HD footie its worth the money.

Visit an Etisalat office as they all seem to have an eVision stand there.

Hope it helps.

Spugsy May 9th 2010 4:52 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8552519)

I have the AJ+ channels and they are brilliant, 10 channels and about 8 are usually showing english commentary of champs league, FA cup, Serie A, La Liga etc.

In fact Lineker hosts the CL sometimes with Shearer, Sounness, Gullit, Francis etc etc

co durham boy May 9th 2010 5:38 am

The Riyal is the same as AED , you buy the card in Qatar and if you get a Humax receiver box it has 2 card slots so you can slap them both in and alternate between the 2.
don't think it can be done with the new OSN cards now i think they changed them to fit only they're own boxes.

I'm sure you can get it all through E-vision in Dubai through Etisalat as one of the posters said the Al jazzeera football coverage is excellent.

Bully Wee Boy May 9th 2010 7:13 am

I have an e-vision set-up and get all of the OSN Sports Channels. Upgraded to all of the Al J Sports Channels as well recently (12 of them). Took one phone call and an extra 25AED on my monthly bill. Was all done automatically and sorted by the time I got home from work. Al J shows European Champions League, Europa League, SPL, English Championship (watched the first leg of the play-off yesterday followed by the Leeds game), Scottish Cup and World Cup. All with English commentary on +3 which is their dedicated English language sports channel. I have also heard (can't remember where though) that the EPL will be on Al J next season.

rowell May 9th 2010 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8552566)
I have the AJ+ channels and they are brilliant, 10 channels and about 8 are usually showing english commentary of champs league, FA cup, Serie A, La Liga etc.

In fact Lineker hosts the CL sometimes with Shearer, Sounness, Gullit, Francis etc etc

You just sold me it Spugsy

pauldxb May 9th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8552566)

You wont get the premier league tho will you ? and your in it next year