Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

OSN - The Premier League

OSN - The Premier League

Old Jul 26th 2010, 3:28 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OSN - The Premier League

Seems the National got it wrong about the freebie. Just finished sorting it with eVision, AED29 per month for the whole Premiership Package (I already have eVision).
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:20 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
Seems the National got it wrong about the freebie. Just finished sorting it with eVision, AED29 per month for the whole Premiership Package (I already have eVision).
well for AED 31 a month (and AED 8 in the other room) you get this from du:

all 380 EPL games live in High Definition

• initially 6 channels, with additional channels later in the season

• Arabic and English commentary and programming

• pre and post game analysis by experts

• live reporting from the stadium

• 24/7 programming that includes Weekend Previews, Weekend Reviews, Inside the EPL,

• Official EPL News, Goal Rush, Goal of the Week, Team of the Week and Player of the Week

• Formula 1 coverage in HD

Sounds bloody marvellous to me.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:42 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, same package on eVision - It's not bad value considering what you get. Seems some decent presenters as well.

Anyone know if the Charity Shield will be televised in the region or can I get it on iPlayer?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy

Sounds bloody marvellous to me.
the key is will it look marvellous though ? you just know it'll be a balls up !
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:25 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I am quite sure that they will make a mess of it at the start, but all games are due to be broadcast in HD so at least the video and sound quality will be there (once they iron out the inevitable issues).
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:29 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking website but, when I sent a simple procedural query to their Customer Services, zilch reply. It does not bode well for the season.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

against my better judgement I'm going to dive in with elife... the only feedback I could find was on expatflange and it was all negative but I'll risk it
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they did the world cup brilliantly.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
Nice looking website but, when I sent a simple procedural query to their Customer Services, zilch reply. It does not bode well for the season.
they will get back to you in a day or so.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

tried to get elife yesterday - phone line is in the company name so can't upgrade, individuals only. Ok then upgrade the internet, that's in my name, change the phone to my name too ( but you may lose the number sir )

do you want my effin money or not ?... yes yes we'll sort it.... sorry sir you are not connected. Damn those conmen going around installing cables and boxes with etisalat on them

I'll get a decoder
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

So we definitely need the upgraded HD box from OSN rather than the basic one to stick the new card into? OSN are advertising free upgrades on TV and all you do is make an appointment when they call. Needless to say, nobody has called yet. Why would OSN be helping a competitor by allowing their customers to switch over to AD Sports? Doesn't make sense.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
So we definitely need the upgraded HD box from OSN rather than the basic one to stick the new card into? OSN are advertising free upgrades on TV and all you do is make an appointment when they call. Needless to say, nobody has called yet. Why would OSN be helping a competitor by allowing their customers to switch over to AD Sports? Doesn't make sense.

nobody knows if the card will work in the OSN HD decoder yet - it might it might not.

I bought the new humax one today, checker ****** that sold it to me said he'd struggle to sell me the 3 year extended warranty as being a Sunderland fan there was no guarantee I'd need it that long !
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

nobody knows if the card will work in the OSN HD decoder yet - it might it might not.

I bought the new humax one today, checker ****** that sold it to me said he'd struggle to sell me the 3 year extended warranty as being a Sunderland fan there was no guarantee I'd need it that long !
heh heh.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
heh heh.
fair play to the lad

he's doing a special 3 month plan for toon fans anarl

*I can confirm the new humax decoder has 2 smartcard slots and my showtime card works alongside the Admc no problem
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

fair play to the lad

he's doing a special 3 month plan for toon fans anarl

*I can confirm the new humax decoder has 2 smartcard slots and my showtime card works alongside the Admc no problem
and you also get Sky News HD with the ADMC card which I wasn't expecting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.