Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Ithcyfeet82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

Hi, I am looking for some advice please as someone that recently became a parent and going back to work in ME but splitting time between UK and ME whilst I get my business back up and running. How would I organise childcare? My husband will stay in the UK and I plan to spend 10 days every other month in ME and I will have to take my child with me (I am the mum). I lived in ME for many years and know of full time nannys and nurseries but does anyone have any ideas on how I can organise childcare for just the time I am in ME? Thanks in advance
Old Jun 6th 2016, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

How old is the child ?
Old Jun 6th 2016, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you have to take the child with you? Not judging, just being nosey, can't imagine taking my child to the ME if I'm going to be working all the time and have daddy, family, friends and usual childcare in the UK.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 4:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

As an extremely impressive and ludicrously good looking product of a broken home, why the hell would you want to put a kid through inter-continental shifting to-and-fro?
Old Jun 7th 2016, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ithcyfeet82
Hi, I am looking for some advice please as someone that recently became a parent and going back to work in ME but splitting time between UK and ME whilst I get my business back up and running. How would I organise childcare? My husband will stay in the UK and I plan to spend 10 days every other month in ME and I will have to take my child with me (I am the mum). I lived in ME for many years and know of full time nannys and nurseries but does anyone have any ideas on how I can organise childcare for just the time I am in ME? Thanks in advance
what an incredibly sexist comment!
Old Jun 7th 2016, 8:35 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well you said nursery so I presume the child is less than 3 years old.
I would recommend you just pay the complete fees of a decent nursery and get the kid in it for those 10 days when you are there
alternatively you can hire a full time nanny and she can only work 10 days a month with 20 days off
Can the child not be left in the UK with anyone (the father maybe?) for those 10 days? If the child is too young then dont you think its better for him/her to not travel so much in so little days? Or maybe you can give it some time till the child is a bit older? Anyway, just ideas
Good Luck!
Old Jun 8th 2016, 12:58 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
what an incredibly sexist comment!
Not at all. She recently became a mum. I read this comment that she will take the child with her because she needs to breastfeed the child.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 1:00 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
As an extremely impressive and ludicrously good looking product of a broken home, why the hell would you want to put a kid through inter-continental shifting to-and-fro?
Newborn baby, for 10 days every 8 weeks.

If she's feeding as well she'll be ****ing knackerd but I don't think it will affect the child too much.