British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Organising childcare when splitting time between countries (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/organising-childcare-when-splitting-time-between-countries-878496/)

Ithcyfeet82 Jun 6th 2016 9:29 am

Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

Hi, I am looking for some advice please as someone that recently became a parent and going back to work in ME but splitting time between UK and ME whilst I get my business back up and running. How would I organise childcare? My husband will stay in the UK and I plan to spend 10 days every other month in ME and I will have to take my child with me (I am the mum). I lived in ME for many years and know of full time nannys and nurseries but does anyone have any ideas on how I can organise childcare for just the time I am in ME? Thanks in advance

Millhouse Jun 6th 2016 11:32 am

Re: Organising childcare when splitting time between countries

How old is the child ?

moneypenny20 Jun 6th 2016 12:09 pm

Why would you have to take the child with you? Not judging, just being nosey, can't imagine taking my child to the ME if I'm going to be working all the time and have daddy, family, friends and usual childcare in the UK. :)

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 7th 2016 4:26 am

As an extremely impressive and ludicrously good looking product of a broken home, why the hell would you want to put a kid through inter-continental shifting to-and-fro?

Inselaffen Jun 7th 2016 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Ithcyfeet82 (Post 11966075)
Hi, I am looking for some advice please as someone that recently became a parent and going back to work in ME but splitting time between UK and ME whilst I get my business back up and running. How would I organise childcare? My husband will stay in the UK and I plan to spend 10 days every other month in ME and I will have to take my child with me (I am the mum). I lived in ME for many years and know of full time nannys and nurseries but does anyone have any ideas on how I can organise childcare for just the time I am in ME? Thanks in advance

what an incredibly sexist comment!

Irishbeekeeper Jun 7th 2016 8:35 am

Well you said nursery so I presume the child is less than 3 years old.
I would recommend you just pay the complete fees of a decent nursery and get the kid in it for those 10 days when you are there
alternatively you can hire a full time nanny and she can only work 10 days a month with 20 days off :)
Can the child not be left in the UK with anyone (the father maybe?) for those 10 days? If the child is too young then dont you think its better for him/her to not travel so much in so little days? Or maybe you can give it some time till the child is a bit older? Anyway, just ideas :)
Good Luck!

OriginalSunshine Jun 8th 2016 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11966964)
what an incredibly sexist comment!

Not at all. She recently became a mum. I read this comment that she will take the child with her because she needs to breastfeed the child.

OriginalSunshine Jun 8th 2016 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11966927)
As an extremely impressive and ludicrously good looking product of a broken home, why the hell would you want to put a kid through inter-continental shifting to-and-fro?

Newborn baby, for 10 days every 8 weeks.

If she's feeding as well she'll be ****ing knackerd but I don't think it will affect the child too much.