Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Wikiposts

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Tell a lie, THIS is the last question....

Places to buy.... Any known 'keep as far from there as possible' places, or are they all much of a muchness, bad stories and good stories.....
Buying a used car is like lottery...Not important where you buy it, it's just your good or bad fortune...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:06 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Confucius
Saabs are great cars... I love them; full of character,but, they're not that popular here, plus, maintenance will be on the costlier side...
Mind you , could lack of popularity mean that they are less expensive than there German cousins, and would the price differential offest increased servicing?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:07 pm

Buying a used car is like lottery...Not important where you buy it, it's just your good or bad fortune...
Fair enough..........
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you , could lack of popularity mean that they are less expensive than there German cousins, and would the price differential offest increased servicing?
It's the other way around...Unpopular cars will often be a niche sector...Especially when you want to buy it...When you sell it,it's a different story...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Saabs are great cars... I love them; full of character,but, they're not that popular here, plus, maintenance will be on the costlier side...
a friend of mine has a Saab here, lovely car. SE I would get the wife a Pajero, I have got one. If you could pick up one that is about a year old you would probably get it at a good price in comparison to buying brand new. I bought brand new about 15 months ago - SWB - 84,000. Same car is 96,000 now, or was, probably gone up in value again!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
a friend of mine has a Saab here, lovely car. SE I would get the wife a Pajero, I have got one. If you could pick up one that is about a year old you would probably get it at a good price in comparison to buying brand new. I bought brand new about 15 months ago - SWB - 84,000. Same car is 96,000 now, or was, probably gone up in value again!
Not value; exchange rate...
Why not sell him yours...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Not value; exchange rate...
Why not sell him yours...
don't want to sell just yet, saw this on EW though.

Black Honda MRV (4WD).
Bought Oct 2007.
Only 10,000 km
Very well maintained
Asking: 95,000dhs

Interested, pls sms (strictly no calls, pls): 050 650 7629
Serious buyers ONLY.
Thank you
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

don't want to sell just yet, saw this on EW though.

Black Honda MRV (4WD).
Bought Oct 2007.
Only 10,000 km
Very well maintained
Asking: 95,000dhs

Interested, pls sms (strictly no calls, pls): 050 650 7629
Serious buyers ONLY.
Thank you
One of my colleagues has one...A completely characterless car, if there ever was one...But suits him perfectly; he's a clown...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:13 pm

OH has only one stipulation...... 7 seats....

She insists on buying a car based on the possible requirement for extra seats if people come to visit...

Drove me crazy in the US and I am not even gonna re-open that can of worms this time....

So, it has to have 7 seats, ergo the Explorer...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She insists on buying a car based on the possible requirement for extra seats if people come to visit...

Drove me crazy in the US and I am not even gonna re-open that can of worms this time....

I thought we already covered the other car issue...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:15 pm
Concierge

the Honda MRV are 7 seaters, nice looking motor if you ask me. A friend of mine has one and it is really pleased with it.

how about this for you

Jaguar X-Type, 2005. Fully loaded, only 25,000 km

Still under warranty
Full service history
Very well maintained

Tel: 050-7686653
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:15 pm

One of my colleagues has one...A completely characterless car, if there ever was one...But suits him perfectly; he's a clown...
The average age of the honda driver has only recently dropped below the mid-50's years af age, and they are a manufacturer that I have no intention of assisting to drop it further...

As confi says, they are the dullest things I have seen on the road, and I used to work for Honda UK.. Gave up the co car and took a Fireblade instead.... Think they should stick to bikes, personally
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

LWB pajero has 7 seats.. ..well they used to have..
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:16 pm
Concierge

The average age of the honda driver has only recently dropped below the mid-50's years af age, and they are a manufacturer that I have no intention of assisting to drop it further...

As confi says, they are the dullest things I have seen on the road, and I used to work for Honda UK.. Gave up the co car and took a Fireblade instead.... Think they should stick to bikes, personally
would you believe it but I had a Fireblade in the UK and I couldnt even ride the damn thing!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the Honda MRV are 7 seaters, nice looking motor if you ask me. A friend of mine has one and it is really pleased with it.

how about this for you

Jaguar X-Type, 2005. Fully loaded, only 25,000 km

Still under warranty
Full service history
Very well maintained

Tel: 050-7686653
X type???You must be joking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.