Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:25 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

I am faced with a dilemna....

I have a car allowance from work, which I am willing to put extra towards to get 2 vehicles.....

Now, I can buy new, get the warranty, servicing etc that is on offer, but end up with a lower spec vehicle...

Or I could buy 1 year or 2 old, minimal warranty (Maybe??), no servicing etc, but get the nicer spec...

Any pitfalls, apart from warranty and servicing, in buying used as opposed to new???
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One For Confi, the car-buying guru.....

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
I am faced with a dilemna....

I have a car allowance from wor, which I am willing to put towards to get 2 vehicles.....

Now, I can buy new, get the warranty, servicing etc that is on offer, but end up with a lower spec vehicle...

Or I could buy 1 year or 2 old, minimal warranty (Maybe??), no servicing etc, but get the nicer spec...

Any pitfalls, apart from warranty and servicing, in buying used as opposed to new???
Firstly, give me some numbers...Like, how much money...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Confucius
Firstly, give me some numbers...Like, how much money...
Around 5000AED per month... reckon thats gonna give me 250k AED
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Around 5000AED per month... reckon thats gonna give me 250k AED
You want a good,reliable,sexy German car, or a stupid Japanese metal on wheels???
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:32 am

You want a good,reliable,sexy German car, or a stupid,stay-at-home-mum Japanese metal on wheels???
One of eac, preferably.... Thinking on an Explorer for 'er in doors...... And I sooo do sexy germans...........!!! Its breaking my heart to leave my S4 at home.....
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One of eac, preferably.... Thinking on an Explorer for 'er in doors...... And I sooo do sexy germans...........!!! Its breaking my heart to leave my S4 at home.....
Ok... Insurance is also paid off from the 5,000???
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:34 am

Ok... Insurance is also paid off from the 5,000???
Probably leave that seperate..... Just plastic the insurance....
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably leave that seperate..... Just plastic the insurance....
Ok...The Explorer (1 yo) should set you back 2K on 4-5 years...Leaves you with 3K extra...Buy yourself a nice 1-2 yo 330i, with 5 years of finance...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:38 am

Ok...The Explorer (1 yo) should set you back 2K on 4-5 years...Leaves you with 3K extra...Buy yourself a nice 1-2 yo 330i, with 5 years of finance...
Sounds like a plan...

What kinda warranty etc you get on nearly new here... And have had a yearning for a soft top... Aware that it'd be a bitch in summer but think it'd be great during winter..... Thoughts?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like a plan...

What kinda warranty etc you get on nearly new here... And have had a yearning for a soft top... Aware that it'd be a bitch in summer but think it'd be great during winter..... Thoughts?
Right... If Im not mistaken, BMW gives 3years of unlimited warranty, you can supplement it with additional warranty from Gulf Warranties...That should cost you around 2.5-3K a year, maybe more...

Soft top; I'm not sure about that...You can still try the Audi A4 cabrio...Sexy car...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Right... If Im not mistaken, BMW gives 3years of unlimited warranty, you can supplement it with additional warranty from Gulf Warranties...That should cost you around 2.5-3K a year, maybe more...

Soft top; I'm not sure about that...You can still try the Audi A4 cabrio...Sexy car...
Maybe look at nearly new from a manufacturer that gives 5 years warranty?
Do some do 5 years here?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by admon
Maybe look at nearly new from a manufacturer that gives 5 years warranty?
Do some do 5 years here?
Kia and Hyundai and Land Rover/Range Rover...All cars with handicaps...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Kia and Hyundai and Land Rover/Range Rover...All cars with handicaps...
Yep. Agreed 100%.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

For the 4wd car, the new pajero could be a good option.
New model means it will hold its price well.
Friend just bought one - 115k I think.
Looks nice.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by admon
For the 4wd car, the new pajero could be a good option.
New model means it will hold its price well.
Friend just bought one - 115k I think.
Looks nice.
He can go for that but he'll have to go for 6 years financing...
How's that financially viable, I need to know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.