Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Old conviction and getting Visa for KSA

Old conviction and getting Visa for KSA

Old Feb 29th 2024, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

sam9510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Old conviction and getting Visa for KSA

Hi, was wondering if people can help on here. I have a spent drink driving conviction from 2009. Result was ban and fine. I understand that this will come up on ARCO certificate. Does anyone have experience of this? am hearing both sides in that some say you will not get visa and some saying you will. Do I tell my potential employer in KSA before they do the check or wait and see. Shall I get the ARCO sent to me as well to see what it says?
Thank you!
Old Apr 12th 2024, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Dave1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Old conviction and getting Visa for KSA

Hi Sam, I'm going through the same process of obtaining a visa. I was convicted 1989 for no insurance and taking a car without owners consent. This wasn't shown on my ACRO, however it was No Live Trace on the ACRO report which meant I have a conviction. I had already applied for SAR Subject Access Request to details my convictions.
So I'm hoping i get my visa next week....
i'll keep you posted. Get your SAR request done.
Dave
Old Apr 12th 2024, 5:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old conviction and getting Visa for KSA

Originally Posted by sam9510
Hi, was wondering if people can help on here. I have a spent drink driving conviction from 2009. Result was ban and fine. I understand that this will come up on ARCO certificate. Does anyone have experience of this? am hearing both sides in that some say you will not get visa and some saying you will. Do I tell my potential employer in KSA before they do the check or wait and see. Shall I get the ARCO sent to me as well to see what it says?
Thank you!
You need to get the SAR, they will need it because they know there is something there.