NYE Festivities

Old Dec 28th 2010, 5:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NYE Festivities

So where are you guys planning to see in the New Year? They say that the Burj Khalifa firework and lazer show will be memorable, so a rooftop venue may not be a bad idea.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:11 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYE Festivities

Originally Posted by lionheart
So where are you guys planning to see in the New Year? They say that the Burj Khalifa firework and lazer show will be memorable, so a rooftop venue may not be a bad idea.
In the tiny local pub with my wife and Mum in Scotland...
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
we don't usually bother, no babysitter etc
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to decide whether I can be bothered- not really a fan of NYE- I turn into a bit of a recluse normally.

A few friends are throwing Irish village around but I may well end up on my own having an early night hoping it all goes away.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I'm trying to decide whether I can be bothered- not really a fan of NYE- I turn into a bit of a recluse normally.

A few friends are throwing Irish village around but I may well end up on my own having an early night hoping it all goes away.
That's most unlike you. Perhaps you overdid the Xmas binging. Although my family are away, I'm still planning on going somewhere to see the lazer show.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I know- its always a hard time of year for me- I used to suffer quite badly with depression and it has a tendancy of rearing its ugly head this time of year- All just feels so fake- its just another night the same as any other- anyway best to keep my doom and gloom to myself.

Did you know that new years eve has the highest rate of suicides compared to any other night of the year? Oh happy days!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I know- its always a hard time of year for me- I used to suffer quite badly with depression and it has a tendancy of rearing its ugly head this time of year- All just feels so fake- its just another night the same as any other- anyway best to keep my doom and gloom to myself.

Did you know that new years eve has the highest rate of suicides compared to any other night of the year? Oh happy days!
I have never been a fan of New Year, waste of time and money if you ask me.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah its always a disappointment- a bit like christmas really- all a bit oversold and turns out to be a bit crap. Im really bad as I get overexcited about everything and then they never live up to my expectation. Which is weird really as I love the run up to christmas- I guess any high is always followed with a low. And its my birthday in the new year to top it off- where noone bothers to come out as they are all skint and had to much indulging already- its just generally a really miserable time of year. Oh Im going back to my cave of self pity and woe!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:20 am
Concierge

I don't dislike January, but it can be a long month! I quite like the fact that it will probably rain and everyone will complain about the weather (don't know they are born). Be positive, set goals and it should all just fall into place.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah Im all for positive thinking, but think sometimes its actually ok to be down- its an effort being happy all the time so I let it consume me this time of year- let it all out then stay upbeat for the rest of the year. Its kindof like my detox- get it all out in one go just means I go quiet for a week or two.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:29 am
Concierge

Yeah Im all for positive thinking, but think sometimes its actually ok to be down- its an effort being happy all the time so I let it consume me this time of year- let it all out then stay upbeat for the rest of the year. Its kindof like my detox- get it all out in one go just means I go quiet for a week or two.
not too quiet I hope!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well not dead quiet! just keep myself to myself until I boot myself out of it.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Having a party for friends and family at our new home in NE Scotland. Perfect.

Kittykat, avoid the IV. It will be overcrowded with drunk arseholes.

BC, agree, when we were in Dubai and now in AD we never go out NYE. Its overpriced and shit. Best having good friends round the house
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
Having a party for friends and family at our new home in NE Scotland. Perfect.

Kittykat, avoid the IV. It will be overcrowded with drunk arseholes.

BC, agree, when we were in Dubai and now in AD we never go out NYE. Its overpriced and shit. Best having good friends round the house
have a great time
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:56 am
Account Closed

The boss has just booked a NYE dinner at Carters at Wafi. Sounds like a nice menu with lots of scallops, quail breasts and such like. Not bad for AED350+ including unlimited vino.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.