Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Nurse suicide...hoax callers at fault.

Nurse suicide...hoax callers at fault.

Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Nurse suicide...hoax callers at fault.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is just crazy
Brown Eyed Helmet.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I know that this sounds harsh, but I'm really bored of this story now. Everytime I watch the news all I get is this. It's very sad and shouldn't have happened, but nothing is going to change it now.

We spend so much time in the west debating pointless stuff and putting plasters on the laws to prevent this sort of thing happening again that we miss the point on the big stuff.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:52 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I know that this sounds harsh, but I'm really bored of this story now. Everytime I watch the news all I get is this. It's very sad and shouldn't have happened, but nothing is going to change it now.

We spend so much time in the west debating pointless stuff and putting plasters on the laws to prevent this sort of thing happening again that we miss the point on the big stuff.
Like...?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Like...?
- How to get 7.9% of the population back in work
- How to address systematic tax avoidance
- How to address the wastage in the NHS
- How to address the UK's ever reducing competitiveness
- How to address the fact that in 2015 the UK will not have sufficient generation capacity to meet demand
-
Old Dec 12th 2012, 1:16 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
- How to get 7.9% of the population back in work
- How to address systematic tax avoidance
- How to address the wastage in the NHS
- How to address the UK's ever reducing competitiveness
- How to address the fact that in 2015 the UK will not have sufficient generation capacity to meet demand
-

Totally agree with you. The UK has major problems and there are a great many people who are seriously struggling. The outlook is not good at all.

I suspect the focus on stories such as this is that everyone has an opinion and it's far easier to pontificate on this than to address the real issues of the day and try and find solutions. I find that most people I meet have little in the way of political opinions, other than the very superficial. The fact that more of the population vote on reality TV shows than in elections, local ones at least, is indicative of the lack of interest in the big issues.